This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#161BlubbermaggotPosted 10/6/2012 10:59:12 AM
HonestAbe73 posted...
Lost my 100% complete SSB Melee file. All the trophies and everything.

Me too. I feel your pain.

To contribute to the discussion, yes, every time I have lost a 100+ hour save file has felt like the worst thing. Or rather, all of those losses combined into one.

Haven't lost a console yet, fingers crossed.
#162VortexJPosted 10/6/2012 11:00:50 AM
An old PS1 game called Robo Pit had three options on the memory card menu. Save, Load, or Initialize. Accidentally selected Initialize one day. I lost everything on the memory card, which included a 20 hour SoTN save, an 80 hour FF Tactics save, and probably 30-40 hours of other misc files.
#163UnbralPosted 10/6/2012 11:04:19 AM
Final Fantasy XIII.
---
Favorite anime/manga: One Piece
Favorite game: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
#164ZackG31Posted 10/6/2012 11:11:26 AM
schmittycent2 posted...
My ps2 memory card got corrupted lost everything.i didn't mind I just replayed the games

this
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#165RPG_ApostlePosted 10/6/2012 11:13:46 AM
VortexJ posted...
An old PS1 game called Robo Pit had three options on the memory card menu. Save, Load, or Initialize. Accidentally selected Initialize one day. I lost everything on the memory card, which included a 20 hour SoTN save, an 80 hour FF Tactics save, and probably 30-40 hours of other misc files.

What sick, sadistic bastard thought having "Initialize" was a good idea?!
---
GameFaqs: Where two people agreeing means it's one person with two accounts.
#166SilbePosted 10/6/2012 11:13:58 AM
One time my father got pissed, came into my room and smashed my PS3 onto the ground. It still works but it has trouble connecting to wireless modems and there's a giant gash in the side. And yes, I do realize this is the Xbox 360 board.

Why would any parent do such a thing? O_o

Not even in my dreams could i imagine my parents doing something like that. Hell they wouldn't even touch our stuff, even when we were still children or (god forbid) sell it. It was ours and we were responsible for it. My father would tell me occasionally to wipe the dust away or to make sure the fan had always enough air, because consoles are expensive.
And never in my life have i thrown a console out of rage, nor even a controller as far as i can remember. Those things cost lots of money!!!

When my noname memory card lost 60 hours of FFVIII data i didn't rage, i just started from scratch and bought a sony memcard.
#167alec51Posted 10/6/2012 11:16:11 AM
HonestAbe73 posted...
Lost my 100% complete SSB Melee file. All the trophies and everything. Also lost my 100% complete Sonic Adventure 2 Battle file. Mom threw away our Sega Genesis and the 15 or so games with it.

I had a 1000 blocks of memory on this one really expensive memory card, I lost both of those games you're talking about that were also 100% as well as (to name a few) wind waker fire emblem PoR, both starfoxs, eternal darkness..... So many games gone
#168cruelbirdPosted 10/6/2012 11:18:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#169Lord ZhouYuPosted 10/6/2012 11:24:40 AM
My PS3 died, and my DS with Pokémon White vanished at an airport. I jumble the two events together as one event, because they happened within a close time frame, and I only even went to the airport to fly home and recover some data from my other PS3 across country.

Lesson learned: Don't make gaming your primary hobby. You could lose it all at the drop of a hat one day, a day when you work as an adult and don't have the time or even the care to build it back up. Invest in knowledge and education instead, it's the only thing you won't realize you lost if you ever lose it.
---
Aim High... Fly-Fight-Win!
#170BDzaPosted 10/6/2012 11:46:06 AM
I have had a few "OH NOZZZ!" moments in gaming life (corrupted data on 100+hr RPGs & a friend deleting PK Red file), but the worst was having my PS2 stolen along with all the games I had and the memory cards.

The data from playing Tekken 3 for hours with friends, my first "perfect" playthrough of FF7, FF8, FF9, Xenogears, Front mission 3, FF Tactics, FF10, GTA3, and countless other childhood memories were on those memory cards. If they had left me the memory cards it wouldn't have been so bad, I could have eventually replaced the games and system. Memories....ah well at least I am making new ones with my kids.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->Xenoblade