This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#171afireinside7844Posted 10/6/2012 11:58:16 AM
Diablo 3
#172PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 10/6/2012 12:06:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#173PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 10/6/2012 12:08:21 PM
I literally spent weeks looking for a Feebas in Pokemon Ruby. I checked online, joined forums and asked questions and I was doing everything legit correct but no dice. I mean, probably 80 hours total were spent looking for this f***ing thing. It took a lot for me to realize that I was wasting time, and any video game that would do this to people is just plain sinister. So I gave up on the principal of the matter and decided to give my GF at the time some actual attention lol.

Then a week later I got a pro action replay and never looked back.

Other than that, I don't have any horror stories other than me wasting time trying to find the ludicrous secret hidden things video games so love to have. I generally don't bother anymore though. Waste of time. Feebas was definitely the worst of the worst though, by far
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#174SupernautusPosted 10/6/2012 12:20:55 PM
One time I played Rise of the Robots
#175djumbreonPosted 10/6/2012 12:32:58 PM
Many things have happen with me.The biggest one in my opinion would have to be when my legend of zelda minish cap game decided to quit recording data and it erased all the files as well.
#176SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 10/6/2012 12:34:22 PM
MGS1....

When I realised that I only had one disc in the box.
I was 8 (i think) and I was devastated.

Otherwise....eh, probably the disc tray popping out on my PS1 while playing FFVII. Freaked out - was convinced the apocalypse was coming.
---
In blackest day, in brightest night, Beware your fears made into light Let those who try to stop what's right, Burn like my power*... Sinestro's might!
#177Citan37Posted 10/6/2012 1:19:28 PM
My brother sold my super nintendo with Chrono Trigger Earthbound FF3 and lots of other great games for $40, while I was in boot camp 3 years ago. I would have given my brother $100 not to sell my super nintendo
---
I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing you all! - Mike Tyson
#178SAGETISMYSAVIORPosted 10/6/2012 1:37:58 PM
I had a white trash neighbor that would burn their garbage. They would constantly get fines and citations for doing it but they wouldn't stop.

One day the wind was just right and their fire spread. Burned 3 acres of my land and my house to the ground (their property was left completed undamaged). Come home from work to see the fire department and the police.

I got a hefty insurance claim (not to mention and generous lawsuit payout) but I decide to sell my land and buy a new house somewhere else, that's where most of the claim money went.

At the time I had about 400 games across NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, SS, and PS1 that I couldn't replace due to buying a new place to live. I've only now started to rebuild my N64 and Sega Saturn collection and will move on to NES, SNES, SMS, and Genesis when I finish those two.

I have about 44 N64 games back and only 12 Sega Saturn games. With how hard it is to find some games, I don't think Ill ever have back what I lost (not to mention I really can't remember which games I had as it been almost 14 years since it happened).
---
See the Turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he hold the Earth.
#179AldathPosted 10/6/2012 1:41:16 PM
Final Fantasy XIII being created
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#180Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 2:02:46 PM
I had a white trash neighbor that would burn their garbage. They would constantly get fines and citations for doing it but they wouldn't stop.

One day the wind was just right and their fire spread. Burned 3 acres of my land and my house to the ground (their property was left completed undamaged). Come home from work to see the fire department and the police.

I got a hefty insurance claim (not to mention and generous lawsuit payout) but I decide to sell my land and buy a new house somewhere else, that's where most of the claim money went.

At the time I had about 400 games across NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, SS, and PS1 that I couldn't replace due to buying a new place to live. I've only now started to rebuild my N64 and Sega Saturn collection and will move on to NES, SNES, SMS, and Genesis when I finish those two.

I have about 44 N64 games back and only 12 Sega Saturn games. With how hard it is to find some games, I don't think Ill ever have back what I lost (not to mention I really can't remember which games I had as it been almost 14 years since it happened).

That sucks man. Hope you at least made some cash out of that terrible event. :(
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113