This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#181SAGETISMYSAVIORPosted 10/6/2012 2:13:02 PM
Deathx113 posted...
That sucks man. Hope you at least made some cash out of that terrible event. :(

I did. Enough to get a new house, fill it with new furniture, and by a new car. Also threw a nice chunk into a few investments which was accruing some nice interest until the economy with south. The only reason I started trying to get the games I lost back was because I came home one day and my wife had surprised me with a 40 inch Sony Trinitron, Sega Saturn, N64 and PS1 and had them set up in our gaming den for me.
---
See the Turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he hold the Earth.
#182Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 2:19:37 PM
SAGETISMYSAVIOR posted...
Deathx113 posted...
That sucks man. Hope you at least made some cash out of that terrible event. :(

I did. Enough to get a new house, fill it with new furniture, and by a new car. Also threw a nice chunk into a few investments which was accruing some nice interest until the economy with south. The only reason I started trying to get the games I lost back was because I came home one day and my wife had surprised me with a 40 inch Sony Trinitron, Sega Saturn, N64 and PS1 and had them set up in our gaming den for me.

Hahah well dang, someone burn my house down too. o_O

Jk of course... maybe if I could take all the valuables out first... hm

Also, your wife sounds amazing! Lucky guy!!! :D
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#183ChicagoTed_Posted 10/6/2012 2:49:47 PM
MattyL10 posted...
1995 I was standing in line at Best Buy, Chrono Trigger in hand and on sale. The sale actually ended the day before and they didn't take down the sign. Being a kid I didn't have the b*lls to argue with them, so the price was like $75 or something so I walked out.

I tried playing it on PC around 2001, but couldn't get into it with the keyboard.

As a person that loved most of Squares 16 bit RPG's I feel like this is still a massive hole in my gaming life.

Good thing it's on Virtual Console and PSN for $8-10..
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#184LodissPosted 10/6/2012 3:08:56 PM
I've lost plenty of save files, I think we all have. I've had games stolen, and I've had regrets about selling/trading games, like most people. Had PS1, PS2, and 360 stop working for absolutely no reason.

Just gotta take it all in stride, like every other aspect of life.
---
You were indicted.
#185gamerman57Posted 10/6/2012 5:02:53 PM
When I accidentally deleted my first Animal Crossing town. It was perfect. By perfect I mean that the layout was perfect. To me anyway. I had loads of foreign fruit, great neighbors, fully paid off house, and a completed museum. I have made other towns since then but they have all paled in comparison. God I loved that town. It has been years and years since it happened and I still remember everything about that town. I even remember the exact date I started it (Saturday, October 16, 2004). Sometimes when I made a new town I changed the date on my Gamecube to that date with the slightest hope that the town created would be similar. It never was.

I even attempted to recreate it with an AR but the guy who wrote the FAQ on AC hacking closed his account which caused the FAQ to disappear.

It all happened when I went to delete my other town. I was sure I had the right memory card in. So when Tangy greeted me (she was in both towns) at startup, I deleted it. I wish I loaded the town just to double check that I had the right one. There is a chance I might have done it on purpose but either way the outcome was the same and I soon realized what a horrible mistake I had made.

Actually, this event is what caused me to create my GameFAQs account. My first topic was on the AC boards and I asked if there was anyway to customize a town.
#186FiyunPosted 10/6/2012 6:32:00 PM(edited)
*Ponders*

Think I have to go with that one and only time I got a seizure. Happened when I was walking with Golden Sun in hand on my gba sp.

Fell as I was about to whip the fusion dragon again. After a few minutes worth of wrestling to prevent myself from biting my tongue (so damn tiring I am still surprised) I made it.

I found the GS-cartridge dented beyond repair half-inside the console.

Never touched a Golden Sun since.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
Now playing: Silent Hill 2
#187metalsjusticePosted 10/6/2012 8:47:11 PM
This was around year 2000. I had an SNES with tons of great games: Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Breath of Fire, and others. A friend of mine who lived right down the street had two computer games I wanted. I foolishly offered to trade all my SNES games for just those two computer games. I completely regret it now. The two games I traded for? Quake 2 and Hexen 2. WTF was I thinking?! What's even worse, I only played through Quake once and never played past the first level of Hexen. They've just been collecting dust for the past twelve years now. I especially miss Breath of Fire because that's the game that introduced me to RPGs and it's since become my second favorite game of all time.
#188hEKTIKBONESPosted 10/6/2012 8:57:42 PM
When my PS2 memory card with most of my MGS3 saves and 400+ hours of Final Fantasy X saves mysteriously vanished (most likely stolen).
---
The online community of WWE gamers is made up of no less than 99.8% noobs, try-hards and outright spammers/stallers/glitchers. It truly is pathetic.
#189randomweirdoPosted 10/6/2012 9:08:12 PM
Lost two of my ps1 memory cards while moving.
#190DemonicChaosXXPosted 10/7/2012 9:31:09 AM
SAGETISMYSAVIOR posted...
I had a white trash neighbor that would burn their garbage. They would constantly get fines and citations for doing it but they wouldn't stop.

One day the wind was just right and their fire spread. Burned 3 acres of my land and my house to the ground (their property was left completed undamaged). Come home from work to see the fire department and the police.

I got a hefty insurance claim (not to mention and generous lawsuit payout) but I decide to sell my land and buy a new house somewhere else, that's where most of the claim money went.

At the time I had about 400 games across NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, SS, and PS1 that I couldn't replace due to buying a new place to live. I've only now started to rebuild my N64 and Sega Saturn collection and will move on to NES, SNES, SMS, and Genesis when I finish those two.

I have about 44 N64 games back and only 12 Sega Saturn games. With how hard it is to find some games, I don't think Ill ever have back what I lost (not to mention I really can't remember which games I had as it been almost 14 years since it happened).

I would have murdered my neighbor.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84