This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#191ab2c4Posted 10/7/2012 11:52:56 AM
I sprained my right thumb pressing a button on the controller too hard. That was 26 months ago and it still isn't fully healed yet, the result is that there are plenty of games I can't play.
#192jcrush089Posted 10/7/2012 12:15:48 PM
got a red ring of death replaced my 360 in couple of days only to get the yellow light of death on my ps3 a week after i replaced my 360
#193Jack Talk ThaiPosted 10/7/2012 12:23:34 PM
Tube_of_Noob posted...
The only thing I wanted for Christmas one year was a PS2 I bugged my mom for months. I couldnt work cause I was fifteen, so I did every chore I could think of and kissed a lot of ass. The day of Christmas came and I opened up my only gift a PS2. Only to open it and have bricks in there it was a sad and cruel joke and I was heartbroken. Turns out they just had it in the closet with like three games. I laugh now but then I was pissed. lol

LOL, high-five your folks for me, they sound cool as hell. Only cool parents would play that kind of joke.
---
'I think it should be revealed that Uncle Ben faked his own death, and was the mastermind behind everything that happened in Peter's life.' -Muscle_Milk
#194Mr_BankercatPosted 10/7/2012 2:42:57 PM
Quote:I had a white trash neighbor that would burn their garbage. They would constantly get fines and citations for doing it but they wouldn't stop.

One day the wind was just right and their fire spread. Burned 3 acres of my land and my house to the ground (their property was left completed undamaged). Come home from work to see the fire department and the police.

I got a hefty insurance claim (not to mention and generous lawsuit payout) but I decide to sell my land and buy a new house somewhere else, that's where most of the claim money went.

At the time I had about 400 games across NES, SNES, N64, SMS, Genesis, SS, and PS1 that I couldn't replace due to buying a new place to live. I've only now started to rebuild my N64 and Sega Saturn collection and will move on to NES, SNES, SMS, and Genesis when I finish those two.

I have about 44 N64 games back and only 12 Sega Saturn games. With how hard it is to find some games, I don't think Ill ever have back what I lost (not to mention I really can't remember which games I had as it been almost 14 years since it happened).

@SAGETISMYSAVIOR

Jesus, that story makes me want to cry. I hope you sued the s*** out of them.
---
Nope.avi
#195Mindwipe77Posted 10/7/2012 2:55:04 PM
it was around 1987 or so when i got my 1st nes for xmas, before that me and my sis had an atari 7800 with almost 100 games since it also played 2600 games and we used to have the 2600 as well. Well one day after school i went downstairs to play atari and found that my mom had given our 7800 with nearly 100 games away since we had the nes. I see why she did it now cause we had gotten an updated game system but sheesh you could have asked somebody...
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13-3
#196Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:25:35 PM
ab2c4 posted...
I sprained my right thumb pressing a button on the controller too hard. That was 26 months ago and it still isn't fully healed yet, the result is that there are plenty of games I can't play.

That is one heck of a battle wound. o_O

Hopefully it was during a game of Call of Duty, so you can say it happened during the war.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#197Boogly360Posted 10/7/2012 3:27:27 PM
I got a Sega Master System instead of the NES I asked for :(
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
#198LOLfelinesPosted 10/7/2012 4:28:32 PM
lent my xbox to a friend and he wiped all my forza data including all the painted cars i spent hour and hours on
---
breast milk
#199ab2c4Posted 10/7/2012 4:47:21 PM
Deathx113 posted...
ab2c4 posted...

That is one heck of a battle wound. o_O

Hopefully it was during a game of Call of Duty, so you can say it happened during the war.

LOL I tell people its an old football injury. I was throwing a bullet pass in NCAA Football 11 and I guess I just pressed the button too fast and too hard. I felt the ripping sensation and I knew I messed it up bad. Fortunately the doctor said it wasn't to the point of needing surgery but could take up to three years to get back to 100%.
#200Perfec7__Posted 10/7/2012 6:59:59 PM
Someone hacked my Phantasy Star Online character on my Dreamcast that had 250+ hours on it and swapped my badass character for a super fat Lvl 1 gross guy.

I cried. I was also 11 or 12.
---
Top 5 Anime and Games: 1. Battle Angel Lolita 2/3 Dragon Ball Gran Turismo (GT) 4. Elfen Lied 4. K-Ong 6 Akuira