This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#31YurisPersonaPosted 10/5/2012 5:47:44 PM
Years ago i had to sell my whole gaming collection to pay bills for my mom who was out of work at the time from being sick. I lost so much :( Hundreds of hours from my rpgs and fighting games. But would i do it again? Yes because you do what you can to help the people you love.

Although still to this day i have not gotten another copy of Parasite EVE 1, Lunar Eternal Blue Complete, Grandia, and Suikoden 2. They cost to much money now :(
---
SHINKUU-TATSUMAKI SENPUU-KYAKU!!!!!!!!
#32EM_MegaPosted 10/5/2012 5:49:01 PM
When I bought Advance Wars Day of Ruin, played it halfway, then the cartridge decided to corrupt my save data.

No sweat, played through it again almost 3/4 through all the missions...Then my cousin somehow manged to break the dang cartridge.

Bought a new one a couple months later, got to the same point, then I lost the cartridge somewhere.

To this day I still have not beaten it.
#33Pacman2dxPosted 10/5/2012 5:52:50 PM
I threw away my Sega Genesis, it hurts me even thinking about it ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless ..
#34flagg2kplusPosted 10/5/2012 5:54:45 PM
For a couple of years as a kid, my parents fell on hard times, and they couldn't afford to get me any video games. I was also too young to work. Not only that, but we couldnt afford even cable.

It was a dark time. No video games or any kind of entertainment. I really had to go outside or to a friends house and play with them to keep my sanity.

It was so awesome when they got back on their feet.
---
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape alive.
#35EdgeofLethePosted 10/5/2012 5:55:18 PM
gabrius posted...
I played WoW for 2 years.

You win. I was just going to complain about a PS1 motor burning out and somehow corrupting my memory card when it did. There went a few hundred hours of FFVII...among many other things...
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#36IcepickLobotamyPosted 10/5/2012 5:57:29 PM
Several hundred hours worth of saves on a GC memory card. I leave the room to grab a drink and when I come back, I found out my 2 year old nephew flushed it down a toilet.
---
What's an ice pick robot mummy?
#37Ghanem69Posted 10/5/2012 6:21:25 PM
3 years of playing FFXI and my character got banned, for no reason.

My PS3's harddrive got corrupted, TWICE
---
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth.
#38TimcatgtPosted 10/5/2012 6:24:00 PM
IcepickLobotamy posted...
Several hundred hours worth of saves on a GC memory card. I leave the room to grab a drink and when I come back, I found out my 2 year old nephew flushed it down a toilet.

A similar event happened to me 4 years ago, this resulted in the loss of my PS2 memory card I had for 5 years, there was really invaluable data that I worked my butt off to get this far.
---
Next person to say "inb4" or "nanomachines" will be shot by my assassin, current number of targets killed: 60
#39SunDevil77Posted 10/5/2012 6:26:30 PM
Pacman2dx posted...
I threw away my Sega Genesis, it hurts me even thinking about it ..

I don't even...
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#40blud_bilgePosted 10/5/2012 6:35:35 PM
my gamecube memory card corrupted...then within a week so did my ps1 memory card....countless hours of data lost...RIP my chrono cross files :(
---
"Slip of the Finger." - Revolver Ocelot