This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#51cifer520Posted 10/5/2012 6:10:10 PM
Didn't happen to me, but it sure beats out my OoT save corrupt story. A friend of mine brought his 360 to a house party a couple weeks after it came out, when they were still going for triple the price on eBay. He leaves the room to talk to me in the kitchen which is why I feel so bad about it. When he went back a few minutes later, gone. They even took the damn box.
#52glyde69Posted 10/5/2012 6:15:59 PM
My PS3 crapping out 95 hours into Demon's Souls was brutal too. Then I tried to transfer my save info and it got corrupted. DS took me by storm and it broke my heart to lose that file(I was a total noob so 95 hours of getting my ass kicked). I tried to start a new game, making a better build and playing with all the knowledge I learned after weeks of punishment, but it wasn't the same. Also, I knew Dark Souls was right around the corner(got into DS way late), so I waited for Dark Souls(and loved that too).
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#53srxog4ps3Posted 10/5/2012 6:19:12 PM
I spent hours and hours to finish FF VII. Then I accidentally deleted its save file. I tried to put my time into it again, but I couldn't get into it anymore.
#54Ryang33kcrestPosted 10/5/2012 6:23:52 PM
I really don't think I have an horror stories (just yet). But i few years back me and a friend of mine were playing Golden Sun on the GBA. He was showing me how to get some the rare monster drops using the Djinni and such. He was looking for a particular weapon nicknamed the "K-Sword" for Ivan. He spent maybe a good 5 hours farming trying to get it. Then when he finally did get it to drop, I asked to see his gameboy just so i could see this mystical weapon in action. As soon as he hands me his GBA i flip the power switch and hand it back to him. 2 days later i found the sword in less time, and to this day my friend has sworn vengeance on me. I don't know when my reckoning will be, but I'm sure it will be a swift justice.
---
There is only one God, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today."
PSN ID: EnlaCruz
#55FFTHEWINNERPosted 10/5/2012 6:28:18 PM
Deathx113 posted...
dragon age 2

Lol.. ok...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/60316667

XD
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#56gambit444Posted 10/5/2012 6:39:05 PM
Some a-hole broke into my house & stole my gamecube & about 60 gc games and about 60 movies. It had the gameboy player attached as well. The weird thing is they broke into my window by prying it open with a pitchfork. I live in brooklyn, ny...why does anyone own a pitchfork?!?!
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,
#57MatrixAndrAIaPosted 10/5/2012 6:43:04 PM
Early 90s, playing Castlevania 1 on the NES. First time getting to stage 6 after finishing Death for the first time. I play and play and play and cannot beat Dracula. My brother asks if he can play. I give him the controller while it's on the Continue/End screen. He chooses End and starts the game over.

I was not pleased.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#58spikejetedPosted 10/5/2012 6:44:18 PM
My son just deleted all of my 3ds games' date sometime in the last week. i was playing The Last Story and didn't touch my 3ds. My son has my old one and a copy of Lego Batman 2 and he must have gotten ahold of the game case. Now all my data from a few large games is
gone and they save files are named stuff like ...,.,sgdasgda.

he is 3.
DAMNIT
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#59silenthill4vidPosted 10/5/2012 6:45:48 PM
hmmm, prolly the fact im getting tired of it.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#60JuhanorPosted 10/5/2012 6:47:00 PM
Ryang33kcrest posted...

Woooooooow.

I've had a couple.

Hand-held: I had played through MMBN4: Red Sun... probably close to twenty times (if not over that). I was playing Halo, my father (surprisingly) gets home relatively sober and tells me to shut it off. So I stop playing Halo, grab my GBA, and start playing Red Sun. I'd finally gotten close to 100% the game - getting all the chips, defeating the toughest version of Bass - and my GBA starts making a weird buzzing noise, and the game freezes. Shut it off, turn it on.... and my save is completely gone. That was the first nail in the coffin for my dad's relationship with me.

Console: I'd borrowed Fable 2 from a friend and done basically everything in it. Went through Fairfax Castle's quest, got to the end, and figured "Hey, I wonder what I'd look like as a chick." Drank the potion.... and the game insta-saved. Then corrupted itself. I hated Fable for 4 years after that.