This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#61squall9126Posted 10/5/2012 7:48:17 PM
My fat ps3 with the best backwards compatibility went ylod and only have slim models in every store in town to replace it with. i couldn't play any more ps2 games and i have 50 of them still because EB wasnt taking them anymore. i had it for 3 years.
replaced it with a base model slim and put a 500gb HDD in it. and no problems.

My 360 elite, the disk reader went and a lot of the soldering on the motherboard was flaking and some wires just weren't connected anymore, which really pissed me off because my room is always cold and i had an extra fan on it. shoddy work microsoft. had it for 2 years. This was a week before the Gears of War 360 came out so i waited and got that one. i like the sounds it makes.

one of the worst things though is before i had my 360 and was an ardent playstation fanboy, i learned i would not be able to play tales of vesperia or ace combat 6 because they were going to the 360, which to me at the time was a travesty and i was so angry i rage bought a 360 and now i laugh at people who try to say one console is better than the other.
---
PSN : Squall9126, XBL GAMERTAG : Squall9126
"By the power of all that is evil, i command you to awaken, and make me a sandwich!"
#62Rpgsrock213Posted 10/5/2012 8:11:58 PM
Hmmmm maybe when Pokemon Red took a ride through the washing machine... with almost all 150 "mons" on the pokedex and several lvl 100's.

Other then that... probably funky ps1 memory cards getting corrupted out of nowhere with mostly rpgs on them, some being FF's with saves near the end of the game... (more then once too....)
#63tinfoil21Posted 10/5/2012 8:15:39 PM
squall9126 posted...
My fat ps3 with the best backwards compatibility went ylod and only have slim models in every store in town to replace it with. i couldn't play any more ps2 games and i have 50 of them still because EB wasnt taking them anymore. i had it for 3 years.
replaced it with a base model slim and put a 500gb HDD in it. and no problems.

Exactly this. I loved having 4 USB Ports and Backwards Compatibility.
#64DarkGam3rPosted 10/5/2012 8:23:18 PM
Little sister saved over my Pokemon save data where I was about to beat the champion for my very first time.

I gave up on Pokemon since then.
#65HarvmoonmaniacPosted 10/5/2012 8:29:24 PM
I am a video game completionist in the extreme. Once I got to the "End-Game Point" in Baten Kaitos for Gamecube and while browsing my collection I realized I had permanently missed something and was like, "NO!!!!!! NOW I HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN!!!"
---
I'm a fan of using "..." on message boards...
#66DaxterDPosted 10/5/2012 8:31:19 PM
I was enjoying my PS3 phat since launch and then a year ago I decided to try out that Demon Souls thing... Inserted the disc, played for an hour and bam, YLOD.

That darned game killed my console. To be honest, I switched to PC gaming and that was the best thing to ever happen to my gaming life, so everything turned out alright.
#67VegetableBoyPosted 10/5/2012 8:34:33 PM
schmittycent2 posted...
My ps2 memory card got corrupted lost everything.i didn't mind I just replayed the games

I did the same thing only after i replayed all the games my memory card got corrupted again.
#68R2BDSiPosted 10/5/2012 8:40:32 PM
economic recession
#69SunDevil77Posted 10/5/2012 8:42:02 PM
DarkGam3r posted...
Little sister saved over my Pokemon save data where I was about to beat the champion for my very first time.

I gave up on Pokemon since then.

You've missed out...a lot
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#70smak52607Posted 10/5/2012 8:47:40 PM
Lots of things...

When I was about 12 I was sick and stayed home from school. I was playing Zelda:Link to the past on my SNES and was at the Ice Dungeon in the Dark World and my mom came in my room and tripped over my controller cord and knocked my SNES off the shelf and it erased all 3 of my save files.

back in 2005 I was playing NBA2K5 on the PS2. It took me the whole summer but I did a season with 12 minute quarters and 82 games and I made it to the finals. When I went to load up the game it said" Memory card corrupted". I broke my ps2 after that and bought an Xbox.

In 1998 when I got Pokemon Blue for Xmas, I spent my whole Xmas break playing it, I had 110 or so pokemon and my brother wanted to try it and I told him NOT to save. He did. Next time I turned it on it was his name there, 1 pokemon in the pokedex and 4 minutes in the game.

I bought a SNES copy of Final Fantasy 3 off ebay one time, complete for $45. Got to the end of the game and the power went out. When the power came back on, I turned it on to play it and the save files were gone. I instantly sold it, I wasn't about to put in another hundred hours into it.