This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#71Bosniak10Posted 10/5/2012 7:50:07 PM
My PS2 got messed up. To this day I still don't know what was wrong with it. It either had a lot of dust or the laser was not reading the games properly but it made a lot of noise and tore up my friends Burnout 3 game.

My Pokemon red version was corrupted. My save file which I used for competitive play among friends was lost and back in the day I remember everyone playing. There were at least 20 people who I played with. But this isn't where it stops. The actual game was damaged and I could not save. The main menu would always show "New Game, Option", without a continue or whatever. I was like 7 or something and how the $#&% do I buy another game?! I had to wait for Pokemon yellow to come out and got it for being an honor roll student rofl

My PSP fell out of my hands when I went to kick a soccer ball. The screen was scratched. (How ******* stupid is that?!?!).

Played WoW for a year and a half. Then played Rift when it was released for 3 months. I am never playing an mmo ever again, a complete waste of time no matter how you look at it.

And finally....
-
--
---Dragon Age 2. (I am NOT trolling!). Biggest gaming disappointment considering that DA:O is my all-time favorite game.
---
There is no such thing as Atheism.
#72SchaerMannPosted 10/5/2012 7:55:44 PM
Worst thing that ever happened to me?

I paid full price for Duke Nukem Forever's Balls of Steel Edition.... pre-order. The disks that they give out for a trial of AOL are better in a multitude of ways. For example, they're free. Which means that when I use them to do things like level a desk or make them into coasters, I don't have that whole "I paid $150 for this purpose? What is wrong with me?" thing going on.

A close second would be my 7th birthday 'gift' from my grandmother of a copy of Mad Cow Man and Deep Fried beef Fat Boy. It's worse than it sounds, and is something that I keep hoping Richard Cobbett might do a Crapshoot on, but I'm not going to suggest he inflict that on himself, given what he tends to wade through for his weekly bit.
---
If you believe Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, you're going to Hell. Read the Bible; you'll figure it out.
#73xMythicPosted 10/5/2012 8:11:35 PM
Playing the 2004 Sony Holiday demo disc. It erased all the saves on my memory card. That includes my FFX save (150+hours and I was going for a perfect file), FFX-2 (150+ hours and I was almost done completing my perfect 100% run to get the best ending), GT3 (tons of cars unlocked with a billion different custom tunes saved), and a few other games.

I still remember that day. The disc arrived in the mail but it was addressed to my cousin who lived down the road. I decided to play it a bit before delivering it to him. I played the Ratchet and Clank 3 (I think it was the 3rd one) demo and shut it off. Went online and checked out gamespot.com. There was an article warning gamers about the consequences of playing that demo disk, how it would delete your saves. I couldn't believe what I was reading, I was totally stunned. I sat there for a bit before I snapped out of it, got up and ran to check out my ps2. Sure enough, I lost everything. I learned my lesson though, never mess with other people's mail. Even if it is delivered to your house by accident.
---
GT/PSN: xMythic
Go Gators!
#74The_DeskPosted 10/5/2012 8:13:01 PM
Matt_256 posted...
Spending $750 after taxes on my Xbox at launch (original Xbox) and then having it crap out in me 40 days (30 day in store warranty) later and Microsoft wanting me to pay $150 for repairs. I was freaking livid. Especially after I spent a ridiculous amount of money, they didn't give a crap. Pretty much told me "tough luck dude, pay it or so sorry".

Reminds me of last year when gears 3 came out. I'm a huge fan and pre ordered the console(sold my old one that we'd split on to my brother), and in just under a week the console crapped out(disc drive couldn't read anything and randomly would restart after about 3 mins). I got a hold of MS support and sent mine in and they sent me another. After waiting a week I got the new one, open it and it's a plain black one. I called back and they sent me another gears one before they even got the black one, so eventually got straightened out but what a pain. Got a couple months of live outa it to.
#75Samp98518Posted 10/5/2012 8:15:03 PM
I have good parents and only older siblings, so go me! Only problems for me have been stupidly selling games as a kid (which includes selling and re-buying Super Mario Sunshine about 3 times). I do own the game, and don't plan on veer selling it.
---
"Say, fuzzy pickles!" - Photo-man, Earthbound.
Well? Did you say fuzzy pickles? People that said "Fuzzy Pickles!": 1
#76DamorahTalsetPosted 10/5/2012 8:57:33 PM
Deathx113 posted...
My brother got mad at me when we were kids and place-kicked the NES while I was playing it. Says a lot about the durability that, despite the dent in the side, it still worked except the sound being messed up.

Also sucked when I lost a very high-level Dragon Warrior IV file I put a ton of hours into and a Bejeweled 2 save I was around 1/3 of the way to the Endless achievement on.

Yeah, had my ps2 for 11 years before it stopped working, minus me ripping out the disc drive >_>

Had the xbox360 for 2 before it gave out, which is decent for an xbox360 lol.

Really? I've had the same 360 since launch which if I remember right is seven years, though I did upgrade my hard drive three years after launch. o.O

Anywho, on-topic... While it's not that bad, my Zelda: OoT file got deleted because of similar reasons to the TC's pokemon thing. It wasn't a big deal because OoT is a fun game to play through a few times.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#77supremeblasterPosted 10/5/2012 9:01:12 PM
Any time the save is corrupted in a game I put a lot of hours in. It's happened to me a few times when I was right near the end of the game, it made me so pissed!
#78Vivi0198Posted 10/5/2012 9:19:25 PM
roots1078 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Me?

250 hours of pokemon data... gone, because my sister wanted to 'walk around with a cute little pikachu.'

I also lost about 100ish hours on FFX. My little sister thought she would be nice and put my disc away and she snapped it in half. (How the heck does a 5 year old accomplish that?) Also, I realize I could have bought another disc, but I was young and without money. :p

So what about you?

That's crazy, the exact same thing happened to me with Pokemon. My younger sister decided she wanted to play...hundreds of hours and a complete pokedex, gone.

This **** this. It still upsets me. I had all 151 did the glitch to get Mew had nearly everyone at max level thanks to the duplcating 100s of rare candies. I still play Pokemon but I have yet to achieve a saved game like that.

Also it was my younger cousin and not my sister.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#79JustThrowMoneyPosted 10/5/2012 9:19:44 PM
I jumped into a pool with my NeoGeo Pocket Color in my swim trunks pocket. That thing was awesome, and I was really disappointed at the time :(

This story actually has a happy ending, though! Years later, I decided to put some batteries in the thing and viola! It worked! I guess being soaked in water can only do so much! Sure, I only have King of Fighters for it, but it's really nice to have. Now, if I could only find my copy of Metal Slug...

Also, it's not sad story, but there was one time I left a PS1 memory card in my pants pocket and it got put into the washer and dryer. Miraculously, the thing still worked, but all of the data got erased.

...The younger me should have stoped putting electronics in his pockets >_>;
---
Proud to be EPic.
"Vector calculus!" --Dive, Divekick
#80AlitheiaaPosted 10/5/2012 9:22:29 PM(edited)
Lost 15 GB of Oblivion mods, the 10 hours making them compatible and crash-free, 50 hours of gameplay with them, 10 GB of Fallout 3 mods, my FFT modding compendium, Shadow of the Colossus, FFXII IZJS, Baten Kaitos, and other game backups + emulators and save files, numerous other important documents and music compositions, and my hard drive.

Then, after fixing it all a few months later, it happened again. I miss my bookmarks..

Edit: I forgot to mention that the first time, the damage included a friend motherboard, graphics card, AND DVD drive. The second time, the graphics card died again. They better just send me a new one instead of repairing this old one, I swear.
---
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | AMD FX-8150 | Radeon HD 6870 | 8GB RAM | ASUS Xonar DG Audio |
700W OCZ ModXstream-Pro