This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to add 30 MSP to an account in Canada?

#1ApopheniaPosted 10/6/2012 10:41:29 AM
I'm 30 points away from Sonic Adventure 2 and the DLC. I really don't want to have to buy a prepaid card for thirty points.

Other option is to buy 500 points on my credit card. I'm so frustrated with MSP. Why can't you just take my regular moneys?
---
www.myspace.com/darchangelmusic
#2SierraReiPosted 10/6/2012 10:43:02 AM
Apophenia posted...
I'm 30 points away from Sonic Adventure 2 and the DLC. I really don't want to have to buy a prepaid card for thirty points.

Other option is to buy 500 points on my credit card. I'm so frustrated with MSP. Why can't you just take my regular moneys?

Because with the way credit card companies charge, Microsoft would actually LOSE money if you were able to purchase 30 MSP from them with a CC.
#3Apophenia(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:45:20 AM
Even if it was 80 MSP. I just want a way to add smaller increments (30 is just because I'm OCD about having an outstanding balance that I can't spend haha).
---
www.myspace.com/darchangelmusic
#4Super CreaturesPosted 10/6/2012 1:07:31 PM
Going off of what SierraRei mentioned, $5 (USD) is about the break even point for credit card transactions, which is why that is the typical minimum purchase amount for a credit card transaction, when a merchant requires one.

So even 80 points ($1 USD) would cost them money.

You might be able to setup a US Microsoft account, use it to sign up for Bing Rewards, and then earn enough credits to redeem for a 100 MSP code, although, it might require using a proxy to get a US IP address.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5randomweirdoPosted 10/6/2012 1:20:30 PM(edited)
Super Creatures posted...
You might be able to setup a US Microsoft account, use it to sign up for Bing Rewards, and then earn enough credits to redeem for a 100 MSP code, although, it might require using a proxy to get a US IP address.

Don't bother trying. The codes you get won't redeem on a Canadian account because points are region specific.
#6Super CreaturesPosted 10/6/2012 1:58:10 PM
Actually, yes they will, since the points from Bing Rewards aren't region specific.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7Akiba69Posted 10/6/2012 1:59:46 PM
No, thats the whole point of Microsofts system. They know you will always end up with 10 or something points left or 10 less than you need, and they sit there taunting you to buy more.
---
Want a BF3 Premium code? PM me.
#8SAGETISMYSAVIORPosted 10/6/2012 2:04:54 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Going off of what SierraRei mentioned, $5 (USD) is about the break even point for credit card transactions, which is why that is the typical minimum purchase amount for a credit card transaction, when a merchant requires one.

So even 80 points ($1 USD) would cost them money.

The thing that most merchants don't realize is that if a customer calls Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex they can complain to them that the merchant charges an extra fee or has a minimum amount before a credit card can be accepted.

Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex then contact the merchant and tell them if they don't remove the fee or minimum charge amount they will not let the merchant process any type of card till a fine by them is paid.

Those fees are for the merchant to pay, not the consumer. If a merchant does anything like that they are breaking the agreement they signed to be able to processes debit or credit transactions.

Keep in mind this only applies if a merchant has an item they sell that is under their 'minimum' for credit card transactions. If a merchant only has items available at a certain rate (5 dollars increments of MS point for example), Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex can not be contacted because the merchant is not refusing to accept a card to avoid a fee.

Most common situations where you will run into the right to call Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex is at restaurants, gas station, or corner stores. If you ever run into situation where a merchant is displaying there is a minimum or a fee for credit card use, simply call the card's number and speak to a customer support adviser. They will either contact the credit processors (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex) or speak the the merchant directly and warn them of their actions.
---
See the Turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he hold the Earth.
#9Moss_27Posted 10/7/2012 12:15:48 AM
When is your birthday? Add a year to it.
---
Bold move by the NFL starting their season without their normal referees and going with guys from Foot Locker - Conan O'Brien