This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X-COM or Dishonored?

#21HighOnPhazonPosted 10/7/2012 1:36:00 AM
I've tried to like turn based strategy games, I really have, I have tried over and over again throughout the years and I just cannot get into them.

Plus, strategy games on consoles don't fit, regardless of what people say about the controller. Keyboard + Mouse is best for a tactical strategy game.

Dishonored all the way.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#22memphis12Posted 10/7/2012 1:37:20 AM
Quote:I've tried to like turn based strategy games, I really have, I have tried over and over again throughout the years and I just cannot get into them.

Plus, strategy games on consoles don't fit, regardless of what people say about the controller. Keyboard + Mouse is best for a tactical strategy game.

Dishonored all the way.

@HighOnPhazon

I played the original Xcom on PS. Worked perfectly fine.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#23darkharePosted 10/7/2012 1:49:52 AM(edited)
HighOnPhazon posted...
I've tried to like turn based strategy games, I really have, I have tried over and over again throughout the years and I just cannot get into them.

Dishonored all the way.

i think your confusing rts with tbs, some of the best tbs games are on Nintendo handheld. using a controller as opposed to a kb&m is quite irrelevent.

afterthought: i actualy find it quite funny that many rts games are being relegated to tower defense while tbs games seem to be having a resurgence in popularity.

---
all my posts are quality, its you reading them that dirties 'em up.
#24WinternovaPosted 10/7/2012 1:40:41 AM
memphis12 posted...

Agreed. I still have that disc somewhere. When I'd play it at night it would freak out my ex-wife to no end. :-)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#25memphis12Posted 10/7/2012 2:05:33 AM
Quote:memphis12 posted...

Agreed. I still have that disc somewhere. When I'd play it at night it would freak out my ex-wife to no end. :-)

@Winternova

My disk was scratched back then so i could never get past a certain point.. So id just start over again & again. Couldn't get scratches fixed then (i don't think).

I don't know if its because i was so much younger then but the atmosphere Xcom presented actually made me jump at times.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#26MR_SorenPosted 10/7/2012 6:47:36 AM
I was watching a preview for Dishonored, and it actually looked kinda neat.

Wife: That looks a lot like that game with the aqua suit guy.
Me: ???
Wife: With the underwater and stuff...
Me: Bioshock?
Wife: Yeah! That one!

However, no matter how cool Dishonored looks, I know I'll play the **** out of XCOM, and I need a good strategy game for my 360.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#27Narwhal7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 9:01:34 AM(edited)
I just don't know... I loved Civilization Revolution, and Sid Meier's Pirates! But I really wasn't a big fan of Bioshock, yet Dishonored resembles it so well. I do like Dishonored's combat, and the stealthy gameplay...
---
"i almoat poop myself last night playing daed space" -XTGhost85 GT: Mr x Dropzzzzz