This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next game to add to my collection

#1SqLeonheartPosted 10/6/2012 2:42:35 PM
I hope this post is in the correct section, if so then let me start asking my stupid question :)
So after I bought my 2nd Xbox 360, a month ago, I asked myself if it was a wise choice?.
I have been a PC gamer for years, spending most of that time playing WoW, and I loved every moment of it, up to the point it got boring (like 6 years later), moved to LoL and I'm loving it, but due to the lack of an internet connection I can't play it, so I sold my PC and got my 360.
I LOVE my RPG games, I love exploring, doing quests, spending time on a game but I don't see any games that could fill that spot.
I have played Fable 1, 2 and 3, busy with Dark Souls at the moment, finished Oblivion and Skyrim, played about 2 Hours of Fallout 3 and I didn't get into it that much (I'm more of a medieval rpg lover, swords, magic etc..)
Can someone recommend a solid rpg that I could try out? I love a good story and gameplay.
Thanks in advance.
#2SunDevil77Posted 10/6/2012 2:57:01 PM
Lost odyssey is right up your alley, mate.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#3SqLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 3:40:30 PM
Thanks for the quick reply :)
Let's just hope I can pick up a copy somewhere.
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/6/2012 4:19:19 PM
SqLeonheart posted...
Thanks for the quick reply :)
Let's just hope I can pick up a copy somewhere.

I think you'll love it man! Let me know whatcha think.
Gamestop has the lowest price I've seen on it, btw.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#5SqLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 4:23:09 PM
I live in South Africa so... Without the access to purchase a game online I'm stuck with trying BT Games or maybe ordering it over the counter. I will have a look..
Maybe they have one collecting dust on the shelves :)
#6randomweirdoPosted 10/6/2012 9:15:58 PM
I'll second Lost Odyssey. I'm playing that now and it's really awesome. Definitely would be highest on my list to recommend, which is pretty amazing since I'm not even half done with it yet!

I'd also recommend Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata.

If you don't mind somewhat futuristic, but has fantasy elements, Enchanted Arms was pretty good. A bit cheesy and cliche at times, but with how cheap you can get it, it's well worth it.

Rise of the Argonauts was also pretty fun as well. Make sure to turn off auto saving if you get that one, there's some pretty major issues with that.
#7memphis12Posted 10/6/2012 9:55:45 PM(edited)
Lost Odyssey
Tales Of Vesperia (i would almost put it on par with Lost Odyssey)
Dragons Dogma
Dragon Age
Risen
Divinity 2: Dks
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Two Worlds 2

If you LOVE grinding get Tales Of Vesperia & play on hard difficulty. If you LOVE achievements it will take you multiple play-through's to get it. My first play-through took me 100+ hours (also an achievement ;) )
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#8SqLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 11:29:59 PM
memphis12 posted...
Lost Odyssey
Tales Of Vesperia (i would almost put it on par with Lost Odyssey)
Dragons Dogma
Dragon Age
Risen
Divinity 2: Dks
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Two Worlds 2

I might get Lost Odyssey, since everyone tells me it's a good game, I saw Tales of Vesperia on shelves the other day but didn't buy it. I like Dragon's Dogma but I heard it has on-disc locked content so idk, played Dragon Age: Origins once on PC, didn't get into the game that much so didn't play it quite far, as for Dragon Age 2, enjoyed it a little bit more than the first one.
Risen 1? I would love not to break my xbox controller this time, lost my favourite keyboard to that game, horrible combat. Divinity felt really cheesy to me, I played it a bit on PC and didn't like it as much.
Playing Dark Souls atm and it was worth every penny, love that game more than I love my little sister (would love to summon her as a phantom in the Ornstein and Smough fight :) )
And Two Worlds 2? I think I played the first one years back, can't remember, never played 2 before.
#9SqLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 11:36:23 PM
randomweirdo posted...
I'd also recommend Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata.

If you don't mind somewhat futuristic, but has fantasy elements, Enchanted Arms was pretty good. A bit cheesy and cliche at times, but with how cheap you can get it, it's well worth it.

Rise of the Argonauts was also pretty fun as well. Make sure to turn off auto saving if you get that one, there's some pretty major issues with that.

When I bought my 1st Xbox 360 I had Dark Sector on it, wasn't bad. Bought Eternal Sonata at a local store and that was one really good game, I enjoyed it, story was unique.
I won't mind some "futuristic" fantasy rpg's, since I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy titles, being VIII my favourite (story wise, I love the gameplay too tho), played VII (up to the first boss then my disc 1 gave up), X (didn't enjoy it as much, could have been the horrible disc or the banged up ps2 that made me dislike it and lastly I played XII that I liked a lot, but not as much as VIII :)
#10WinternovaPosted 10/6/2012 11:42:55 PM
Dragon Age is what you want.

Avoid Tales of Vesperia at all costs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)