This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 Angry Review (w/ Guest CL4P-TP!)

#21PixelDaemonPosted 10/6/2012 6:11:10 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Marnex15 posted...
Wow, you guys are sour. The guy is a decent reviewer. His skits might be cringe worthy, but the reviews themselves are pretty in depth and informative most of the time.

He's more trustworthy than IGN and Gamespot at least.

If he didn't have his skits, he would have double the viewers. Who wants to watch a 20 minute video when 4/5ths of it is his dumb jokes?

You don't know that. Maybe a lot of people secretly like his corny skits. Besides, I doubt he cares. At least he's doing what he enjoys. He already gets more views than IGNs video reviews.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#22pandoraorbPosted 10/6/2012 6:18:16 PM
I've always enjoyed his reviews a lot!
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#23PerfectZer0Posted 10/6/2012 6:19:48 PM
His cheesy skits are one of the reasons why I love watching his reviews. AngryJoe is badass.
---
I'll be at my favorite space pub, drinking Strongbow, and playing Bullet Soul. ~Cheers to you awesome spaceship shooter!!~
#24EZ_711Posted 10/6/2012 6:27:54 PM
I enjoy Joe's brand of comedy. His older, less refined videos are sub-par granted, but he got better with his skit production, material and timing. Besides the skits, his actual reviews are as honest and helpful as any good reader reviews on this site. Not sure why people hate on him so much. I'd sure like to see them review with their face in it and get as many hits as Joe does.

In the end though, opinions.
#25CapnStankyPosted 10/6/2012 6:40:58 PM
Annoying review, great score. One of the absolute best games this gen.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2
#26Killah PriestPosted 10/6/2012 6:48:27 PM
Angry Joe is the worst.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#27DarkSymbiotePosted 10/6/2012 6:52:56 PM
SR71halo posted...
Angry Joe may not be the funniest reviewer, but he is trustworthy and yes, he is better than most. He makes valid points most of the time and he even shows clips of certain events to back up his points.

---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743
#28Arucard05Posted 10/6/2012 6:55:33 PM
I only like Spoony. But because I think he's funny, I couldn't give two ****s about his opinion as a critic.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#29656stoogePosted 10/6/2012 7:12:51 PM
CyricsServant posted...
He's actually growing on me.

Same. He's not that funny, but he puts a lot of effort in. More than I imagine most professional reviewers do. And I like that he provides clips for all his gripes. There's a difference between saying a quick time event sucks and showing everyone how bad it is.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdE_VnA4_3I&feature=related
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif
#30Sylar100Posted 10/6/2012 7:14:16 PM
another crappy unfunny AVGN ripoff nub

move along folks