The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What should have been Microsoft's Birthday Present for Live Rewards Members

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/6/2012 7:07:57 PM
What should have been Microsoft's Birthday Present for Live Rewards Members - Results (272 votes)
20 points was fine
7.72% (21 votes)
100 points
22.43% (61 votes)
800 points
11.76% (32 votes)
A free arcade game of choice
20.59% (56 votes)
If it was 20 points they shouldn't have bothered
37.5% (102 votes)
This poll is now closed.
wondering how people feel about this
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2SunDevil77Posted 10/6/2012 7:09:17 PM
A personal BBQ featuring Bill Gates in a "World's Greatest Chef" apron.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#3TheMuffinPosted 10/6/2012 7:11:41 PM
How about a birthday hat avatar prop?
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#4viridislamentPosted 10/6/2012 7:14:19 PM
I got something for nothing, so I'm good
#5weatesandPosted 10/6/2012 7:30:08 PM
80 points would have been nice. So I could buy an Indie game or a shirt for my dopey avatar.
#6Solid SonicPosted 10/6/2012 7:34:08 PM
Voted the last one out of raw cynicism.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#7Famished_CorpsePosted 10/6/2012 7:37:06 PM
I don't understand how anyone could complain about receiving "only 20 points"...it's certainly a good step from where they were before: not receiving anything. Sure, it's not much, but it's something. For those spouting the "You're the same as someone who receives 20 pounds of manure and is happy simply because it's free!" argument, that in my opinion is just desperately grasping at a broken straw.
---
Darkness unfolds upon the earth, Each day another loss -
Hunted each and everyone, All the bodies left to rot in the sun
#8Super CreaturesPosted 10/6/2012 7:39:25 PM
Looking at what they make you do for even 100 points, I don't know why anybody is *****ing about, or feeling insulted by, 20 points for doing absolutely nothing beyond what you would normally do anyway.

1/5 of what they gave for watching 10 hours of the ESPN, UFC, or MLB app, for doing absolutely nothing, is an insult?

So, why isn't making you watch 10 hours of an app for 100 points an insult?

Or, why isn't the fact that not everyone could even watch those apps (such as out friends in the UK who don't have access to those apps) an insult?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9zyxomma100Posted 10/7/2012 12:09:23 AM
I spent time on this. I heard through the grapevine that MS was expanding their rewards program. I heard they were offering a birthday present. I spent a few minutes of my life figuring out what was going on.

20 points isn't worth those few minutes of my life. That's less than minimum wage. On top of the time waste, it's a little insulting that MS thinks they're doing us a favor. They send us special e-mails as though they want us to acknowledge the fact they did us a favor. If a friend walked up to me on my birthday and seriously expected me to be grateful when he gave me a quarter, well, that's more insulting than anything else.

That's the thing. No one is mad simply because MS gave us a gift card worth 25 cents. They're mad because we were given a gift card worth 25 cents in a way in which we were expected to be grateful for it.

My pride is certainly worth more than 25 cents. It's worth at least double that.
#10DivineFistOkaPosted 10/7/2012 1:11:18 AM(edited)
zyxomma100 posted...
My pride is certainly worth more than 25 cents. It's worth at least double that.

A meal that costs my dignity is still free.

Cookie if you get the reference.
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro