This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My lady is buying me Dark Souls, What should i expect from the game?

#1Hitman_67Posted 10/7/2012 1:53:18 AM
Gameplay
Graphics
Story
Custom Options, etc

What should i expect from the game?
Is it good, and do you think it'll last me till november 20th when Hitman comes out?
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#2Jpsyence77Posted 10/7/2012 1:56:42 AM
Lots of dying. lol

Dark Souls is very difficult. Resist searching the internet for anything. Discovery in Dark Souls is extremely rewarding. Don't worry about dying, as you will be doing it often.
---
http://oi42.tinypic.com/eipfg4.jpg
#3RoldragePosted 10/7/2012 2:40:35 AM(edited)
Gameplay is phenomenal. Lots of weapons with different playstyles and pros/cons and numerous different enemies make for one of the most satisfying games to play imo.

Graphics are ok, the art style is nice and there are a lot of different places to explore (some of which are completely optional).

Story is minimal, there's lots of reading between the lines (and at least 2 playthroughs) if you want to truly understand what's happening in Dark Souls.

Customisation is... vast. There are so many options for so many varied playstyles it's mind boggling.

Overall you are in for a treat if you can tolerate the learning curve, which can be offputting to a lot of gamers, and it'll last you at least until Nov 20th. Dark Souls was easily my favourite game of 2011.
---
Life is overrated.
#4CammyApplePosted 10/7/2012 2:51:09 AM
Depends. If you have a brain its not difficult. In fact the only times you'll die are to first time surprises.

The amount of viable weapons and spells is rather small.

Its a fun enough game. Just not at all the game people want you to believe it is.
#5memphis12Posted 10/7/2012 3:32:12 AM(edited)
Quote:Depends. If you have a brain its not difficult. In fact the only times you'll die are to first time surprises.

The amount of viable weapons and spells is rather small.

Its a fun enough game. Just not at all the game people want you to believe it is.

@CammyApple

"If you have a brain" this guys right to some degree. But you can say that about many RPGS. This game really does have a steep learning curve. When my GF has all her mates around and im in a room surrounded by pretty ladies and i continue to scream into the sofa cushion until i beat it .. Well, it means the games good!

Its a game that actually makes you think about what your doing. It can be "cheap" at times and you will die. But overall if you actually take the time to think about your actions and why you died you'l learn to play and in return make the game easier for yourself.

Don't expect a story, just expect arguably the best RPG if not game this gen.

Someone posted something a few weeks back but i cant remember who wrote it so il quote anyway.

"If you see skeletons at the beginning your going the wrong way"

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6sockesockePosted 10/7/2012 3:10:27 AM
Gameplay:
3rd person action rpg, its pretty challenging and requires patience.

Graphics
theyre good enough, i personally liked the medieval gritty style a lot.

Story:
almost no story at all.

Custom Options, etc
you can play different classes and theres quite a bit of gear, dont expect diablo/torchlight style of loot though.

What should i expect from the game?
like someone else already said, to die a lot, the back of the box says the same: prepare to die.

Is it good, and do you think it'll last me till november 20th when Hitman comes out?
cant tell
---
Rasputin77: What is this 3DSXL I keep hearing about? Is it a handheld for fat people?
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#7majicray2112Posted 10/7/2012 4:48:05 AM
In my opinion, both Dark/Deimon Souls are worth at least trying to play. The graphics are average to below average. The character moves in relation to how much armor you put on him. Armor him up and he will move like he has a stick up his a$$. Little armor and he can move like Bruce Lee. There is a lot of mindless farming in order to level up your guy for the advanced stages and bosses. Bosses are very hard. It's kind of a bragging game in like, "I am such a super great gamer that Dark Souls was easy, and if you think it is hard, you suck" kind of thing. You have to learn the moves--going in to battle mindlessly slashing away will get you killed fast.
#8nazacuckooPosted 10/7/2012 5:04:09 AM
I bet your lady expects a "reward" for buying the game.

Make sure she gets the "reward"
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 10/7/2012 5:15:41 AM
No story and blurry visuals.
---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743
#10Link43130Posted 10/7/2012 5:18:17 AM
Read the item descriptions and talk to NPCs multiple times to get the story.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130