The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to sit your white console.

#1ZDT_LeaderPosted 10/7/2012 5:48:01 AM
Is it vertical or horizontal? I always have never truly known. Some say horizontal because of the fan on the bottom but others say that doesn't matter?

Just thinking about this as I turn on my old xbox 360
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#2MrZetsubouPosted 10/7/2012 5:49:52 AM(edited)
horizontal.
Always.

Unless you enjoy having problems with scratched discs
---
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/Vexe1/reupload/alice/alice2.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/Vexe1/reupload/alice/arisu7.jpg
#3ObtikPosted 10/7/2012 5:51:05 AM(edited)
I've had mine vertical for years and years, never had a scratched disc (not saying it doesn't happen, I have an elite). I think it only matters if there's one way that's better for ventilation in your current setup.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#4MrZetsubouPosted 10/7/2012 5:52:36 AM(edited)
Well, vertical is definitely better than placing your console horizontally onto a fluffy carpet.
But you shouldn't do either of these two things
---
Are you the kind of person who would find a young bird that's too weak to fly, say that you'll help it out, hurl it into the air, and then feel satisfied?
#5MestizoFreakPosted 10/7/2012 7:41:53 AM
It's suggested to play it horizontal, and on a flat surface. Only keep it vertical if there's no room otherwise (in case it tips over). Avoid surfaces like leather or carpetting, as these would increase the system's heat, and make sure the shelf/entertainment center has enough room for ventilation.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 10/7/2012 7:44:09 AM
It doesn't matter.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#7Deathx113Posted 10/7/2012 7:47:47 AM
So I take it black consoles aren't the same as white?

Why it gotta be white consoles man? HUH? ANSWER ME THAT!
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#8Ginsu VictimPosted 10/7/2012 8:12:55 AM
Horizontal. Lowers the risk of overheating and reduces the chances for scratched discs.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#9Dragon NexusPosted 10/7/2012 8:34:34 AM
Horizontal. Lowers the risk of overheating and reduces the chances for scratched discs.

Lowers risk of overheating? Pure speculation. Before you bring up vents, I remind you that there is one vent on the original 360, and that's at the back. There's no air intake anywhere on the console, just a pair of exhaust fans at the back and as long as they're covered up you're fine. If anything on that assumption, vertical would be better since the rising heat would reach the fans at the top and be blown out, not simply pool up and rise through the top of the console. Maybe.

And reduced chance of scratched disks? Well yea, it can't topple when its horizontal, sure. But if you're in a household where the console being knocked is unlikely, it's a moot point. Plus the thing is very bottom heavy when vertical.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."