This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In what order should i play the Assassin Creed's series ?

#1danny5329Posted 10/7/2012 6:47:39 AM
New to the franchise. Need some pointers. Thanks.
#2johnny_boy84Posted 10/7/2012 6:49:58 AM
Ac
Ac2
Ac Brotherhood
AC revalations
---
Support your local Poet
#3KtuluheroIIPosted 10/7/2012 6:50:49 AM
Play AC1 first. You will appreciate the improvements made to the series.
---
WINNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88
#4Arucard05Posted 10/7/2012 6:52:02 AM
Ac
Ac2
Ac Brotherhood
AC revalations

---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#5SheepinatorPosted 10/7/2012 6:56:58 AM
It's pointless to play AC2, ACB and ACR out of order, or to skip any of those other than maybe the last one. It's preferred to play AC1 too, but if your free time is an issue then you might skip it, because the gameplay doesn't have the variety or polish of the Ezio series. If you only had time to play one, then AC2. It's also worth checking out the multi-player.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6Perfect LightPosted 10/7/2012 7:00:10 AM
Why do people ask this question all the time? Why would you play them in any order other than the order they came out?
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#7_OujiDoza_Posted 10/7/2012 7:26:25 AM
Why do people ask this question all the time? Why would you play them in any order other than the order they came out?

this
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/7GNdUI
#8ChuckyPosted 10/7/2012 7:28:49 AM
If you can, play them all in order, if you can't or don't have enough time skip 1 but read a summery or something, play AC2 and B then skip Rev because it's a waste of time really, nothing relevant is learned for either the 2012 story or Ezios (but it does have some good Ezio moments) 2 and Bro are class games though with a great story, and if you do play 1 then stick with it and don't give up n the series because the improvements in 2 are excellent.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#9TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/7/2012 7:33:45 AM(edited)
some series i would recommend skipping games or playing them out of release order.

assassin's creed 1 was flawed, but i still think it was fun and interesting at the end of the day. the setting is killer for anyone who doesnt need fluffy anime or broseph gears/god of war crap shoved in their face like they're a child. i would say its worth trying, but dont give up on the series if you dont like 1, it takes patience to enjoy, like Mount and Blade or other 'technical' games.

also, alot of people would tell you to skip out on revelations. i thought it was a decent purchase, i got my $60 worth out of it, but they are correct in that its just kind of a lazy continuation of AC2/ACB. the setting is interesting but the gameplay is far too easy for there to be any appreciable sense of accomplishment.

examples of series where i recommend not going by release order:
halo... for obvious reasons. i did a full chronological order playthrough of the singleplayer recently (wars->reach->CE:A->Halo 2 Vista->ODST->Halo 3) and i do have to say, the campaigns of Halo 2 and 3 were truly terrible in terms of both a story/presentation perspective and a gameplay perspective. i remember playing them on legendary nonstop back in the day, but i felt nauseous playing them in 2012, its everything we've come to hate about modern FPS design married with an awkward Halo 2/3 engine.

elder scrolls... you can easily skip half the games in the series. modded morrowind and modded skyrim are all you really need to experience.
---
HYFR should've been the ending song of Mass Effect 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCWqnldEag
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/7/2012 7:50:30 AM

Because prequels, man! Doesn't matter that the prequel is meant to expand on something that happened in the future or in a different place, or that the gameplay will be wildly different between games as a result of jumping back and forth between development years, but you have to play them in chronological order!

That's why you play Halo Wars first, then Reach, then Halo 1! Because of chronological stuff!

Yeah, it's a dumb reason.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."