This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If my batteries die, can I switch to wired in the middle of a game?

#1littlefuzzy1Posted 10/7/2012 4:14:02 PM
I ran out of juice in the rechargeable pack, and my AA battery pack is dead as well. I've got a wired controller, and it is showing up as player 2.

Is there a way to switch the wired controller to player 1, while in the middle of a game? The "Reconnect Controller" message was flashing, and I tried disconnecting the wired controller, then plugging it back in, but it still showed as player 2.

I was in the middle of a game, and didn't want to lose some stuff I'd collected in Borderlands. I DID manage to scrounge some more AA batteries somewhere, so the problem was fixed this time around, but I'd like to know how to do it for the future, if it's possible.
#2Deathx113Posted 10/7/2012 4:16:28 PM
Not that I know of.

A controller asigns itself a slot and stays in the slot (unless another 1 is in the way)

You need to keep the wired one unplugged until you NEED to use it. Plug it only after the wireless 1 is turned off, then it will take on the player 1 slot.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#3LandonioPosted 10/7/2012 4:34:20 PM
Wired is better anyway.

Unless you have a huge ass TV and need to sit a mile away, just go wired.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Oblivion: 5th Year Anniversary Edition, Alpha Protocol, Arkham Asylum: GOTY Edition, Tekken Tag 2
#4Pr0ph37zPosted 10/7/2012 4:43:45 PM
Pft, arguing that wired is better is like arguing that a corded phone is better than cordless. Anyways, can't the 360 resign the controllers? Or is that the PS3 I'm thinking of?
---
A1to10
XBox Live Tag: Pr0ph37z, PSN: USTanker85
#5Frisco557Posted 10/7/2012 4:47:32 PM
The only way to do it is to turn the wireless controller off(hold xbox button until menu pops up) before the batteries die and then connect the wired one.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#6LandonioPosted 10/7/2012 4:49:27 PM
Pr0ph37z posted...
Pft, arguing that wired is better is like arguing that a corded phone is better than cordless.

Um, no it isn't.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Oblivion: 5th Year Anniversary Edition, Alpha Protocol, Arkham Asylum: GOTY Edition, Tekken Tag 2
#7popping4itPosted 10/7/2012 4:49:49 PM
hopefully next xbox has a way to fix this issue.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#8littlefuzzy1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 6:18:56 AM
Deathx113 posted...

You need to keep the wired one unplugged until you NEED to use it. Plug it only after the wireless 1 is turned off, then it will take on the player 1 slot.

Thanks, that's good advice. I don't think there is a way to "drop in" and join a single player game on Borderlands, so I'd need to exit the game to do that anyway.

Landonio posted...
Wired is better anyway.

My wired controller is a cheap-@$$ used Gamestop brand, and the TV is at the foot of my bed, so the wire gets in the way a lot.
#9SupernautusPosted 10/10/2012 6:23:27 AM
A good suggestion would be to have rechargeable batteries, and keep one set fully charged to switch out when required.