This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Noticed something that bothers me about XBLA

#1DieMyBridePosted 10/7/2012 6:37:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the size limit for an XBLA title 2gb? Sonic Adventures 2 is apparently 2.37GB. Now I remember the developers from Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (and I think Torchlight II as well) said they couldn't put the game on XBLA due to size limits and couldn't put it on GoD because it has to sell 1 Million copies at retail (or some BS like that) Yet I see tons of GoD games that I can't see even close to selling that many.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#2glassghost0Posted 10/7/2012 6:41:42 PM
Pretty sure that you've already answered your question, if the download is over 2GB, then obviously the limit isn't 2GB
---
Signature OFF
#3Super CreaturesPosted 10/8/2012 2:11:19 AM
They recently uped the limit.

Also, Torchlight 2 issues had to do with available RAM for XBLA limitations, not file size limitations.

Oh, and as for GoD, might I point out Crysis, which has never been released on physical media for the 360, as well RE4, RE CVX, and DeathSmiles 2x, which have only been released on physical media in Japan?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4memphis12Posted 10/8/2012 3:13:40 AM
Quote:They recently uped the limit.

Also, Torchlight 2 issues had to do with available RAM for XBLA limitations, not file size limitations.

Oh, and as for GoD, might I point out Crysis, which has never been released on physical media for the 360, as well RE4, RE CVX, and DeathSmiles 2x, which have only been released on physical media in Japan?

@Super Creatures

No TC was correct. Size was an issue for XBLA. Ram is an issue for the game in general.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5Super CreaturesPosted 10/8/2012 3:28:36 AM
Except that it was never a file size limitation that was the problem, people just misinterpreted what Runic said.

Runic said their current build could not come to XBLA due to memory use limitations for XBLA games.

Memory is RAM, not storage capacity.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6memphis12Posted 10/8/2012 3:33:36 AM
Quote:Except that it was never a file size limitation that was the problem, people just misinterpreted what Runic said.

Runic said their current build could not come to XBLA due to memory use limitations for XBLA games.

Memory is RAM, not storage capacity.

@Super Creatures

I stand corrected.

They had to release a statement clearing it up as it did sound like it was size not memory.
Isn't it to large for XBLA so they would have to release it retail? But that would cost Runic more?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7FoppePosted 10/8/2012 3:41:27 AM
I remember when XBLA titles had a 50 MB limit.
Anyway, they raised the 2 GB "technical limitation of the system" to a unknown size at September 12, 2012.
Red Johnson's Chronicles is 2.68 GB and Double Dragon Neon is 2.24 GB.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC