This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#181gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:06:47 PM
AikonMonk posted...
AikonMonk posted...
You've got a few... provocative looking games.

Which ones in particular?

Bottom row middle, 3rd and 4th rows right. What kind of games are those?

All 6 of the PSP games are SHMUPs.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#182AikonMonkPosted 12/5/2012 5:20:21 PM
It's funny that shmups can have anything other than well, ships or bullets on their game cases. I figured you had some hentai movies or something.
---
GT - DEDLY CUKE
#183McDohl MRPosted 12/5/2012 8:13:57 PM
Oh, so you picked up some PSP shmups.

...And you actually did wind up getting Burunyanman. Enjoy Colby.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#184Enix BelmontPosted 12/6/2012 2:20:39 AM
Just bought Raiden Fighters Aces and Raiden 4 for 10 bucks each in next to mint condition, RFA at newbury comics and Raiden 4 at gamestop. The gamestop one had the receipt from the original purchase still in the case(from new york, I bought it in boston), LOL, and the soundtrack was included even though it was used. Been wanting them for a while, pretty cool to find them so cheap.

I think I have damn near every retail north american released shmup now, as well as most of the region free cave games(well...3 of them+Deathsmiles 2X on GoD). Probably getting eschatos for christmas, and then...Idk what else.

I will say Raiden 1 and 2 are kind of hard to distinguish bullets from background for me ssometimes, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#185McDohl MRPosted 12/8/2012 10:04:16 PM
Not a 360 game (in North America), but got my platinum trophy for Under Defeat HD today.

It's really hard to play Arcade mode after getting spoiled by New Order. More enemies and a bigger screen with less restricted horizontal movement? So wonderful. Much more fun.

Great fun overall, though, and the trophies/achievements are easy for anyone looking for an easy 100%.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#186MatrixAndrAIaPosted 12/9/2012 9:49:47 PM
^^

Haha, if only, if only. I've only been playing on Arcade mode, and typical of me, I won't continue. I lose my third life and that's it. Sometimes I can get to stage 1-4, but not always. I can get to stage 1-3 most times, but I always feel like I've wasted bombs, and I usually die at least once in 1-2 against the battleship at the end.

I tried New Order mode, but I didn't like it. The camera felt like it was right on top of the chopper and it seemed like I had less time to react because of how close it was. I went back to Arcade after my one attempt because of the vertical space I had.

I have Free Play unlocked, of course, but since I won't continue... well, it's going to be a little while before I finish this game. >_>
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#187EnigmaGamerPosted 12/9/2012 10:12:35 PM
That game is even more of a pain if you want to go for score because Under Defeat has a bonus for lives you've lost. So the best scores would lose both spare lives right at the start then no miss both loops from there.
---
Currently Playing:Various JRPGs, Various Shmups, Halo : Reach, and some other games. Because I'm too lazy to ever update this.
#188GOLDILOXPosted 12/12/2012 12:09:31 PM
Welcome back Gabe, I hope you had a great time in Japan! I also hope that Mushi HD came with the DLC, as 1.5 Matasuri is truly the reason to own that port.

I spent a nice couple weeks mostly on Eschatos Original Normal, love it! Not sure if I'm that into Advanced mode, I think I'd rather go for the more difficult clears in original first.

Raiden 4 is tuff, I've never been great at the series and this one is no exception. The game plays slow like classic Raiden and I tend to give up after a few helpless credits (where Eschatos I could just keep starting over and over again for hours on end).

Anyway, I'm mostly playing Dodonapchi PCB at the moment :) Going for 100 million.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#189gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:13:27 PM
GOLDILOX posted...
Welcome back Gabe, I hope you had a great time in Japan! I also hope that Mushi HD came with the DLC, as 1.5 Matasuri is truly the reason to own that port.

Damn... I knew there was a reason NOT to buy this one used.... sigh.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#190gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:33:05 PM
...I did snag my copy for $35... so I shouldn't complain too much (a new copy was about $70)
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius