This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#21gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 7:56:45 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
U.N. Squadron (overrated)

The fact that Screw Attack has it rated as their #1 shmup of all time is absolutely bonkers.

...but then again, it is Screw Attack, after all.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 10/8/2012 7:59:16 AM
gabrius posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
U.N. Squadron (overrated)

The fact that Screw Attack has it rated as their #1 shmup of all time is absolutely bonkers.

...but then again, it is Screw Attack, after all.

Yeah. That's the reason I tried it out in the first place. Then again they think Aladdin on the SNES is the same game on the Genesis.

I did enjoy them from time to time though.

Try Jets 'N' Guns.
---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743
#23GOLDILOXPosted 10/8/2012 8:30:20 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
gabrius posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
How is Akai Katana?

My personal favorite Cave hori available on the 360.

Love the scoring system and the "alternate universe WWII" theme.

How long is it? Any save system? Maybe I'll start it after RE6.

Shmups aren't about "length", almost all of them are between 30min-1hour. They are about improving your runs by learning the game inside and out. So in a sense the "length" of the game is really more like the lasting appeal, or time it takes to master. It all depends on your skill. I would say clearing Akai Katana on a single credit might take you anywhere from a couple weeks (if you are skilled player), to somewhere around 5 years (if you are new to the genre).. plus there are three modes. I can safely say I'll still occasionally play a few credits 10 years from now, shmups are timeless in that way.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#24gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 8:41:24 AM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
This topic reminded me that I have to get back into Deathsmiles. Picked up Twin Bee on Game Room a while back.

Strania will be my next one.

You have Twinbee?

I have a reason to boot up Game Room again it seems ^_^
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#25johnny_boy84Posted 10/8/2012 8:57:45 AM
Well done Gabe, cant believe it has been another loop already.

I have recently gotten back into shumps, if you want to add me, feel free to GT: Jarv84.

The only good score that I have is for Ikaruga, I have got grade A, max chain in the late 50s early 60s I think. And Galaga Legions, think I was in the top 100 a while back.
---
Support your local Poet
#26Stray_ZeroPosted 10/8/2012 10:28:18 AM(edited)
lol, I woke up to see some dumbass ruin the topic, twice, lol. Anyways gabe, why is your Op. Post still not include Akai Katana or Under Defeat, you pretty much downgraded the topic, still for shame...~_~

On the bright side, I picked up the Namco Museum for the 360, at least it has a couple of them shootin titles, lol. :3
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#27gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 10:33:43 AM
Stray_Zero posted...
lol, I woke up to see some dumbass ruin the topic, twice, lol. Anyways gabe, why is your Op. Post still not include Akai Katana or Under Defeat, you pretty much downgraded the topic, still for shame...~_~

On the bright side, I picked up the Namco Museum for the 360, at least it has a couple of them shootin titles, lol. :3

Cave has enough exposure in the OP, and Under Defeat isn't all that great.

Why would I waste space on a region locked game that is, in all honesty, pretty mediocre?
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#28Stray_ZeroPosted 10/8/2012 10:53:20 AM
Well Gabe, AK is beginner friendly (if set to novice), and 2. Under Defeat is coming overseas (sans 360 NA ver.), I have no qualms over your taste of mediocre shooters, when I really don't care how they are and its good to me, lol. :3
---
#29gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 10:53:57 AM
Stray_Zero posted...
Well Gabe, AK is beginner friendly (if set to novice), and 2. Under Defeat is coming overseas (sans 360 NA ver.), I have no qualms over your taste of mediocre shooters, when I really don't care how they are and its good to me, lol. :3

Touche'
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#30Stray_ZeroPosted 10/8/2012 10:59:14 AM
gabrius posted...
Touche'

Well Played! ^_~
---