This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

User Info: MatrixAndrAIa

MatrixAndrAIa
4 years ago#241
Under Defeat HD - finally made it to stage 1-5 this afternoon before work. I finished the 1-4 boss with one life left and two bombs, so I knew I wouldn't last long going in. When the stage began, there was no gunfire sound effects from the chopper, and the soft stage music started to play, and I must say - definitely one of my favorite shoot em up experiences in the last 20 years. That was just a beautiful way to open up the final stage (not counting the second loop).

I'm still messing around with that OP red chopper that uses the missiles and has a bigger graphic than the others, but it's all for fun. I got killed fighting the cluster of enemies after the first two tanks in 1-5, and it did not aggravate me. I was too engrossed in the beauty of the music and the destruction I was raining down on them. ^_^

Just a fantastic game all around, so glad I was able to get it.
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 years ago#242
~~DECIMATION X3~~
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh

User Info: AiuchiFanboi

AiuchiFanboi
4 years ago#243
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
Under Defeat HD - finally made it to stage 1-5 this afternoon before work. I finished the 1-4 boss with one life left and two bombs, so I knew I wouldn't last long going in. When the stage began, there was no gunfire sound effects from the chopper, and the soft stage music started to play, and I must say - definitely one of my favorite shoot em up experiences in the last 20 years. That was just a beautiful way to open up the final stage (not counting the second loop).

I'm still messing around with that OP red chopper that uses the missiles and has a bigger graphic than the others, but it's all for fun. I got killed fighting the cluster of enemies after the first two tanks in 1-5, and it did not aggravate me. I was too engrossed in the beauty of the music and the destruction I was raining down on them. ^_^

Just a fantastic game all around, so glad I was able to get it.

Wait till you get to the final boss. its really the only effing thing in that game that still baffles me to this day. I could 1cc that game all day long every day but that end boss is effing rediculous. Well atleast for me it is. It really isnt that tuff, but it does a couple things that I have to luck through to beat it.

Anyway, yes the transition to stage 1-5 is one of the best things in all of shmupdom. Great atmosphere, great music and truly one of the greatest levels ever.
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die

User Info: McDohl MR

McDohl MR
4 years ago#244
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/01/12/video-gunhound-ex-sets-sights-for-psp-in-new-trailer
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
4 years ago#245
That reminds me... still need to beat Under Defeat one of these days =P
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
4 years ago#246
McDohl MR posted...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/01/12/video-gunhound-ex-sets-sights-for-psp-in-new-trailer

Japan PSN gets all the goodies...
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

User Info: johnny_boy84

johnny_boy84
4 years ago#247
UnderDefeat HD - if you haven't got this yet Amazon UK have it new for 11!
Support your local Poet

User Info: MR_Soren

MR_Soren
4 years ago#248
So glad the PSP is region free. Gunhound looks awesome, and I plan to import a copy soon.
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello

User Info: PerfectZer0

PerfectZer0
4 years ago#249
I pre-ordered Ginga Force, it looks great!

I also pre-ordered a couple of shmups for the Dreamcast.

Strumwind [Limited Edition]
&
NEO XYX Collectors Edition

Now hopefully Strumwind won't be delayed too much longer because it looks and sounds badass!
I'll be at my favorite space pub, drinking Strongbow, and playing Bullet Soul. ~Cheers to you awesome spaceship shooter!!~

User Info: nightshadeA

nightshadeA
4 years ago#250
just a q anyone know where i can get raiden 4 instructions ? i just wanna know the diffrence in the game modes ........
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived