This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#241MatrixAndrAIaPosted 1/11/2013 1:11:27 PM
Under Defeat HD - finally made it to stage 1-5 this afternoon before work. I finished the 1-4 boss with one life left and two bombs, so I knew I wouldn't last long going in. When the stage began, there was no gunfire sound effects from the chopper, and the soft stage music started to play, and I must say - definitely one of my favorite shoot em up experiences in the last 20 years. That was just a beautiful way to open up the final stage (not counting the second loop).

I'm still messing around with that OP red chopper that uses the missiles and has a bigger graphic than the others, but it's all for fun. I got killed fighting the cluster of enemies after the first two tanks in 1-5, and it did not aggravate me. I was too engrossed in the beauty of the music and the destruction I was raining down on them. ^_^

Just a fantastic game all around, so glad I was able to get it.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#242CapwnDPosted 1/11/2013 1:33:25 PM
~~DECIMATION X3~~
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#243AiuchiFanboiPosted 1/11/2013 3:03:22 PM
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
Under Defeat HD - finally made it to stage 1-5 this afternoon before work. I finished the 1-4 boss with one life left and two bombs, so I knew I wouldn't last long going in. When the stage began, there was no gunfire sound effects from the chopper, and the soft stage music started to play, and I must say - definitely one of my favorite shoot em up experiences in the last 20 years. That was just a beautiful way to open up the final stage (not counting the second loop).

I'm still messing around with that OP red chopper that uses the missiles and has a bigger graphic than the others, but it's all for fun. I got killed fighting the cluster of enemies after the first two tanks in 1-5, and it did not aggravate me. I was too engrossed in the beauty of the music and the destruction I was raining down on them. ^_^

Just a fantastic game all around, so glad I was able to get it.

Wait till you get to the final boss. its really the only effing thing in that game that still baffles me to this day. I could 1cc that game all day long every day but that end boss is effing rediculous. Well atleast for me it is. It really isnt that tuff, but it does a couple things that I have to luck through to beat it.

Anyway, yes the transition to stage 1-5 is one of the best things in all of shmupdom. Great atmosphere, great music and truly one of the greatest levels ever.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die
#244McDohl MRPosted 1/12/2013 8:05:25 AM
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/01/12/video-gunhound-ex-sets-sights-for-psp-in-new-trailer
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#245gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:02:15 AM
That reminds me... still need to beat Under Defeat one of these days =P
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#246gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 6:09:23 AM
McDohl MR posted...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/01/12/video-gunhound-ex-sets-sights-for-psp-in-new-trailer

Japan PSN gets all the goodies...
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#247johnny_boy84Posted 1/18/2013 12:01:21 PM
UnderDefeat HD - if you haven't got this yet Amazon UK have it new for 11!
---
Support your local Poet
#248MR_SorenPosted 1/18/2013 10:03:32 PM
So glad the PSP is region free. Gunhound looks awesome, and I plan to import a copy soon.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#249PerfectZer0Posted 1/20/2013 12:44:53 PM(edited)
I pre-ordered Ginga Force, it looks great!

I also pre-ordered a couple of shmups for the Dreamcast.

Strumwind [Limited Edition]
&
NEO XYX Collectors Edition

Now hopefully Strumwind won't be delayed too much longer because it looks and sounds badass!
---
I'll be at my favorite space pub, drinking Strongbow, and playing Bullet Soul. ~Cheers to you awesome spaceship shooter!!~
#250nightshadeAPosted 1/21/2013 5:07:14 PM
just a q anyone know where i can get raiden 4 instructions ? i just wanna know the diffrence in the game modes ........
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"