This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#31protools1983Posted 10/8/2012 10:33:27 AM
How was lunch Gabe?
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#32WinternovaPosted 10/8/2012 10:37:00 AM
gabrius posted...
Zirdonis posted...
Focian posted...
Zirdonis posted...
If I may ask one question, what was the point of the other two SHMUP topics that got closed?

Someone spoiled it by posting despite the topic clearly being marked 'DO NOT POST YET'.

By why were they made in the first place? Why didn't Gabe just post this one?

The OP is 4 posts long... meaning I need the first 4 posts to put it up.

When some unfunny jackass posts before it is up just to be disruptive, they ruin it.

(GameFAQs only allows you 2 posts per 60 seconds to avoid disruptions - irony)

Luckily, it only took 3 tries this time *sigh*

Who cares if someone posts in the middle of the first four? There's no need for three topics. Seriously - it doesn't need to be perfect. It wasn't "ruined" by someone's intentional alleged "interruption". Just ignore it and keep going. To make three topics in order to have one "unspoiled" just validates the other person's actions and clutters up the board.

Basically, it's moronic...and you're smarter than that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#33gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:14:58 AM(edited)
Winternova posted...
gabrius posted...
Zirdonis posted...
Focian posted...
Zirdonis posted...
If I may ask one question, what was the point of the other two SHMUP topics that got closed?

Someone spoiled it by posting despite the topic clearly being marked 'DO NOT POST YET'.

By why were they made in the first place? Why didn't Gabe just post this one?

The OP is 4 posts long... meaning I need the first 4 posts to put it up.

When some unfunny jackass posts before it is up just to be disruptive, they ruin it.

(GameFAQs only allows you 2 posts per 60 seconds to avoid disruptions - irony)

Luckily, it only took 3 tries this time *sigh*

Who cares if someone posts in the middle of the first four? There's no need for three topics. Seriously - it doesn't need to be perfect. It wasn't "ruined" by someone's intentional alleged "interruption". Just ignore it and keep going. To make three topics in order to have one "unspoiled" just validates the other person's actions and clutters up the board.

Basically, it's moronic...and you're smarter than that.

I'm also OCD.

Those two threads will both drop down eventually, and now there is a little reminder of someone acting like an unnecessary jackass for everyone to see until they do.

Plus, if you let someone get away with that crap, they'll stick around for the entire thread. Nobody wants him here, and we don't need his posts stinking up the place.

This thread is better than the trolls. The second one of their idiotic actions gets ignored, the rest will think it's ok to do the same.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#34gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:22:05 AM
Anyways...

Played some Bullet Soul this weekend.

Great game for when you want to blow up stuff and not worry so much about chaining and near-impossible bullet patterns ^_^
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#35WinternovaPosted 10/8/2012 11:30:15 AM
gabrius posted...
This thread is better than the trolls. The second one of their idiotic actions gets ignored, the rest will think it's ok to do the same.

Actually, ignoring them is the best way to handle it. Because you reacted, the rest of them will think it's okay to act they way the first one did because it got a reaction from you.

No thread is better than the trolls. Posters are better than the trolls. Sometimes it's worthwhile to go on the offensive - that's in the troll topics. In others, it's best to just ignore them...and this is one of those topics.

No troll is worth making 3 topics about.
---
#36gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:35:37 AM
Winternova posted...
gabrius posted...

Actually, ignoring them is the best way to handle it. Because you reacted, the rest of them will think it's okay to act they way the first one did because it got a reaction from you.

No thread is better than the trolls. Posters are better than the trolls. Sometimes it's worthwhile to go on the offensive - that's in the troll topics. In others, it's best to just ignore them...and this is one of those topics.

No troll is worth making 3 topics about.

Difference in opinion. Either way, drop it and let's start talking shop here.

Been blowing up anything lately, Winternova? Have you picked up any of the other radianGames titles now that they're all 80MSP?
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#37GOLDILOXPosted 10/8/2012 11:37:22 AM
gabrius posted...
... near-impossible bullet patterns ^_^

n00b lol :)

I'm close to clearing guwange, but man that last pattern is a doozy.
Seriously though, the only near impossible patterns I'm aware of are the Hibachi fights in DDP, DOJ, DFK, etc because they aren't meant to be dodged as much as meant to just tear through your resources (bombs, hypers, lives).

Also, I'm not sure what good it'll do showing you my cab running the 360, if you are wondering about the specifics of how it all works, I can message you the details. LMK
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#38WinternovaPosted 10/8/2012 11:40:13 AM
gabrius posted...
Been blowing up anything lately, Winternova? Have you picked up any of the other radianGames titles now that they're all 80MSP?

No. Haven't been playing much after the surgery. Wife's been having a Fable 2 marathon.
---
#39gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:41:09 AM
GOLDILOX posted...
gabrius posted...
... near-impossible bullet patterns ^_^

n00b lol :)

I'm close to clearing guwange, but man that last pattern is a doozy.
Seriously though, the only near impossible patterns I'm aware of are the Hibachi fights in DDP, DOJ, DFK, etc because they aren't meant to be dodged as much as meant to just tear through your resources (bombs, hypers, lives).

Also, I'm not sure what good it'll do showing you my cab running the 360, if you are wondering about the specifics of how it all works, I can message you the details. LMK

LOL.... hey I never claimed to be the best shmupper alive, I'm not even close. Truth be told, I'm MUCH better at fighting games than I'll ever be at STGs.

My love for the genre is up there with the best of them, though ;-)

As for the cab-ness.... when I get ready to do it, I'll be picking your brain. It won't likely be for a while, though, as resources are tapped to the max right now and I won't be doing anything as expensive as that for quite some time.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#40gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:42:16 AM
Winternova posted...
gabrius posted...

No. Haven't been playing much after the surgery. Wife's been having a Fable 2 marathon.

Gaming vicariously while you recover? Good idea - perhaps if you get into one of your typical sadist moods you can pop on something like Ikaruga and watch her play that =P
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius