This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#311gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 11:07:54 AM
jeneki posted...
Instant Brain is a visual novel by Cave.

So basically, you have to sit through a visual novel (in Japanese) just to play DoDonPachi.

Oh.. um.... yeah, I'm not gonna do that =P
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#312Enix BelmontPosted 3/15/2013 1:51:49 PM
I've been playing a lot of the Raiden 4 lately, and honestly I really don't like it. I think I prefer Otomedius. It's entirely because I suck at it, but I just feel like it's really hard to distinguish the bullets from the backgrounds at some times, the controls just feel a little off, my hitbox is hard for me to understand, and the controls just feel a little off. It also feels like one of the most plain shmups I own. It's just really not clicking with me like just about every other shmup on the system. Raiden Fighter Aces I prefered, too, maybe because the 2D graphics, but the controls felt a little better and the game just felt more satisfying.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#313Carte360Posted 3/15/2013 1:59:40 PM
jeneki posted...
Instant Brain is a visual novel by Cave.

So basically, you have to sit through a visual novel (in Japanese) just to play DoDonPachi.

If only I could read Japanese.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#314McDohl MRPosted 3/15/2013 7:07:54 PM
Instant Brain is supposedly pretty good, so I'm still upset that we didn't get it.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#315gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:54:17 AM
Heads up: Caladrius is not going to be RF... sorry guys.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#316jenekiPosted 3/19/2013 2:49:46 PM
That's really unfortunate.

I'll still play it, but it sucks i won't be able to borrow it to friends to corrupt them.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#317CapwnDPosted 3/19/2013 2:51:26 PM
I... I blinked.

*waits for death's sweet embrace*
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#318EnigmaGamerPosted 3/19/2013 3:36:35 PM
saw over on shmups forum that Ketsui may be coming to the PS3.

Which would be great for those of us without J360s and a PS3 unless they do what Atlus did with P4A.

Not too sure whether I'd even grab a copy though, I don't really like Ketsui from what I've played of it on MAME.
---
Currently Playing:Various JRPGs, Various Shmups, Halo : Reach, and some other games. Because I'm too lazy to ever update this.
#319McDohl MRPosted 3/19/2013 6:03:29 PM
I certainly will. I want every Cave game I can get my grubby little mitts on.

And PS3 is honestly my preferred platform anyway. Yes, I know I'm saying this on a 360 board.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#320Shinobi120Posted 3/19/2013 6:18:06 PM(edited)
McDohl MR posted...
I certainly will. I want every Cave game I can get my grubby little mitts on.

And PS3 is honestly my preferred platform anyway. Yes, I know I'm saying this on a 360 board.

I agree. Also, I think that the very main reason why companies like Cave continues to have most of their games 360 exclusive (despite the 360 not being very popular in Japan) is because that the 360 is a developer friendly platform while the Wii didn't have good enough graphics like 360/PS3 did & that the PS3 is a pain in the rear to develop for.

If the PS3 was developer friendly like the Wii & 360 are, & if the Wii had the same graphics of 360/PS3, then you can bet that publishers like Cave would ignore 360 altogether, especially when the Xbox brand in general isn't very popular in Japan.

Thankfully, Nintendo has just jumped into the HD era with Wii U, & that Sony are most likely going with a x86 architecture for PS4 for easier development. Japanese 3rd party publishers/developers & indie publishers/developers can now easily afford to ignore Microsoft's next gen platform if they want to.