This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#331AiuchiFanboiPosted 3/30/2013 5:58:38 AM
Also new Dreamcast shmup dropping June 13. Preorder up now. Looks really really good.

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/shopping_cart.php?sort=2a&osCsid=42d558792376e2fdbbbd3721e503c177
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/NID/ Psikyo till the day I die
#332gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 4:25:30 AM
So... is Saidaiojou coming out here or what? Nobody is listing it for preorder anywhere....
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#333jenekiPosted 4/3/2013 7:45:53 AM
Yea, May 30 is less than two months now. If Saidaioujou has an overseas publisher, now would be a good time to say something. :/

And of course, if the plan was to publish is outside Japan, that pretty much guarantees the Japanese release won't be region free. It'll be a real disaster if this slips through the cracks.

May 30 is going to be an expensive day if I end up importing both Saidaioujou and Shooting Love 10.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#334RagnarokxvPosted 4/3/2013 11:29:05 AM
I have SDOJ preordered, just the regular edition. I have paid double for a soundtrack too many times at this point.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#335gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:36:22 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
I have paid double for a soundtrack too many times at this point.

You and me both, brother... and I still never have gotten a thank you card from Cave =P
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#336McDohl MRPosted 4/3/2013 7:09:38 PM
Maybe Tecmo-Koei has Saidaioujou and it'll just show up on XBLA one day without any word.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#337RagnarokxvPosted 4/4/2013 2:41:28 AM
I'm so selfish. I was going to buy a cabinet and one pcb, but decided to get a NTSC-J 360 and all of the Cave releases instead for a fraction of the price. Here is the selfish part, it was mainly for Saidaioujou and when I heard that it was having a multi-region release I felt like I had made a mistake, for a moment, but now that it is only a domestic release I feel a little better about my purchase...
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#338GOLDILOXPosted 4/4/2013 11:18:17 PM
Cabinet and PCB is nice, of course so is having a JPN360 and ports....

That's why I use 1 of my cabs for 360 and the other for PCBs.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#339gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 6:41:49 AM
GOLDILOX posted...
Cabinet and PCB is nice, of course so is having a JPN360 and ports....

That's why I use 1 of my cabs for 360 and the other for PCBs.

How hard is it to "cabinet-ize" a 360? Anywhere you can point me - I've wanted to do this for a while.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#340jenekiPosted 4/5/2013 9:38:18 AM
There are two ways to play console games in a cabinet: Use a converter to hook up a console in a real arcade machine, or build a cabinet to house a standard TV + console + joystick.

Converters to hook up a console to a standard arcade jamma harness are available online, however I haven't heard too many good things about them. Buy at your own risk, and ask around some arcade forums first.

Building a cabinet is not overly difficult, there are schematics and tutorials all over the net. Some websites, however, will tell you to gut an existing arcade machine to use the frame. For the love of gaming, please don't do that. Playing console games in an arcade cabinet is cool, however a destroyed arcade machine is a piece of gaming history forever lost.

Now if you want something quick, cheap, and easy, put your joystick on a (music) keyboard stand in front of the TV. Done! Trust me, when you're deep into the game dodging bullets, you won't notice the lack of a frame or bezel around the screen.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.