This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#341GOLDILOXPosted 4/5/2013 9:43:03 PM
i'm assuming you mean a candy cab. Your best bet for using a 360 in Cab is to get one that has a VGA input on the monitor chassis. Tri-sync models that are in Blast City or high res cabs like the NOAMI or Net City are a good bet. Then you need to figure out controls and sound. There are different ways around making it work, I use a jamma standard pad-hack box that actually connects straight into my cab's jamma edge and plugs into the 360 controller ports. The 360 has a very crappy VGA output, so I also use a cheap $20 sync stabilizer to keep the signal steady.

There are other ways to get the video to work on a non-VGA cab, but it can be hit or miss depending on the quality of the parts and which cab monitor/chassis you are using.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#342RagnarokxvPosted 4/7/2013 12:39:40 AM
If I had a cab I would run a pcb. With a console I use an arcade stick and a rotating monitor.

To me a cab is a luxury item, with the intent of having the real arcade experience, and connecting a console or running mame cheapens the experience and defeats the purpose.

Just my interpretation, nothing against those who enjoy their cabs that way.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#343BroDudeJaggiesPosted 4/7/2013 5:07:11 AM
Starting Ginga Force tonight after work.

I can not wait
---
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians
#344GOLDILOXPosted 4/7/2013 11:20:12 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
If I had a cab I would run a pcb. With a console I use an arcade stick and a rotating monitor.

To me a cab is a luxury item, with the intent of having the real arcade experience, and connecting a console or running mame cheapens the experience and defeats the purpose.

Overall, I agree with you. But when it comes to being able to play the entire 360 arsenal on a cab, well that is pretty sweet too. That's why I do both PCBs and 360/Dreamcast on my cabs. best of both worlds. :)
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#345RagnarokxvPosted 4/8/2013 6:20:12 AM
GOLDILOX posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

Overall, I agree with you. But when it comes to being able to play the entire 360 arsenal on a cab, well that is pretty sweet too. That's why I do both PCBs and 360/Dreamcast on my cabs. best of both worlds. :)

That makes sense, having both pcbs and consoles going would be nice, neglecting pcbs entirely would be a shame though considering someone who already has the cab has already done the hard part of getting into arcade hardware. I think dedicated MAME cabs are silly though.
---
#346Stray_ZeroPosted 4/8/2013 11:03:36 AM
Hey guys, if anyone is looking to pick up Akai Katana for cheap at GS, its on sale for $7.49. (1/2 off./Used)

www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/akai-katana/101639
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#347nightshadeAPosted 4/8/2013 6:56:50 PM(edited)
Ragnarokxv posted...
GOLDILOX posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

That makes sense, having both pcbs and consoles going would be nice, neglecting pcbs entirely would be a shame though considering someone who already has the cab has already done the hard part of getting into arcade hardware. I think dedicated MAME cabs are silly though.

i thought MAME cabs were just for show offs til i went to a pizza place that had a cab with 80 capcom games on it and it was official (the splash advert had models for 6 diffrent game companiens starting at 2500 ) and realized how convienient it was and it even had games from the atari type days wish i remebered the name of the company.....
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#348RagnarokxvPosted 4/9/2013 4:35:09 AM(edited)
Well if I saw a mame cab at a restaurant or bar and it was cheap I would try it no doubt.
---
#349gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 5:41:13 PM
So.... what's everyone been playing lately?

I just had to replace my dead PS3 this week... second one to die in 2 months, ouch.

...but once I redownload it, it might be time for some SSHD ^_^
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#350McDohl MRPosted 4/12/2013 8:01:46 PM
Neptunia, iDOLM@STER... Nothing shmupy since Under Defeat HD. I do have Eschatos sitting around, though... Should probably get on that.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost