This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - You blink, you die... loop 7! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#361GOLDILOXPosted 4/16/2013 2:32:57 AM
gabrius posted...
I need a computer that can play games.....

Same here for two reasons alone: Crimson Clover and Kamui
I REALLY want to play these games.

Recently I spent a few weeks on Akuu Gallet and got the 1CC. Great game, up there with Batsugun. Not cheap though at just a tad under what I spent on the Cave Collection.

Played a few credits of Zerogunner2 on the DC, fun game for 15 minutes.
Still working on the first loop of Cyvern, hoping to clear it before SDOJ arrives.

Leaning towards picking up Caladrius and New ShootingLove...
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#362gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 5:01:11 AM
Once Caladrius arrives, I'll use the coupon to preorder one of them.... and use the one that comes with Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen to preorder the other... I'm done waiting for SOJ to get announced here. I don't think it's happening.

May is gonna be expensive.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#363EvaPilot1Posted 4/16/2013 5:26:19 AM(edited)
I imported Mushihimesama futari, and EspGaluda II for xbox when they were brand new, and all I can say is they are NOT the kind of games you want to spend 60 on. Definitely not worth that much, but as a collector I am happy with the purchase.

I got Dodonpachi and Deathsmiles 2 for something like 20-25, that is more about the right ballpark. Deathsmiles 2 was a little disappointing for me though, but it did come with a few extras and it does look nice sitting with the others. I'm sure I have some others I can't think of.

EspGaluda II is my favourite of those, but I really do need to get myself a proper arcade stick. There are also a few by other companies that I bought on the arcade, which really aren't all that thrilling. Mushihimesama also has a bit of a slowdown issue which I don't agree is intentional.
---
Gummy Bears! For candy this delicious, you'll chew off your own leg!
#364gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 7:51:19 AM
^ a hell of a lot of opinions in that post ^

PS - the slowdown is indeed intentional.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#365CapwnDPosted 4/16/2013 12:48:23 PM
I was serching for "games like Scoregasm" and found a post at Steam comparing Waves to Scoregasm. Waves is pretty cool too, ended up getting that.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#366GOLDILOXPosted 4/17/2013 9:01:39 PM
EvaPilot1 posted...
I imported Mushihimesama futari, and EspGaluda II for xbox when they were brand new, and all I can say is they are NOT the kind of games you want to spend 60 on. Definitely not worth that much, but as a collector I am happy with the purchase.

If these ports didn't exist I'd be stuck spending closer to $400 for Galuda2 and $500 for Futari1.5 to own the arcade PCBs. Futari Black Label is still over $1000... so comparing the cost of the ports and dlc makes them seem rather inexpensive to someone like me! :)

As for longevity, it took me countless hours to 1CC Galuda2 and Futari 1.5 Maniac. I will certainly return to them down the road and attempt to break my high scores.

As a collector, I was happy to pay the extra for the Limited Editions. I enjoy supporting one of my favorite developers of all time. It is people like you who taint this genre with ideas that these games are worth the cost of an indie xbox live arcade title.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#367jenekiPosted 4/18/2013 9:07:18 AM
Yea, Waves is pretty cool. The only issue I ran into was when I maxed out the combo: you had to intentionally break the combo once it maxes out, or it stops giving you bombs.

So, Caladrius next week?
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#368gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:22:59 AM
jeneki posted...
Yea, Waves is pretty cool. The only issue I ran into was when I maxed out the combo: you had to intentionally break the combo once it maxes out, or it stops giving you bombs.

So, Caladrius next week?

Indeed... although I won't get it until the following week, more than likely.

Also, Ginga Force. Wow. Qute is an amazing company.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#369gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:50:28 PM
The newest YouTube videos for Caladrius make me very excited for this release... can't wait to get my hands on this one!
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#370RagnarokxvPosted 4/22/2013 9:40:37 AM
I have the NTSC-J versions of DDP Daifukkatsu and Akai Katana Shin in the mail and SDOJ pre-ordered. When I possess these the only Cave 360 title I will be missing is DDP Daioujou which I don't like / suck at. I am happy to play my PS2 copy or MAME if I ever get the urge.

Lately I have been addicted to Diablo 3 which is kind of unfortunate, formerly addicted to D2 on and off for years...
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??