The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dishonored won't get the love and attention it deserves

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/8/2012 9:13:38 AM
even from me. There are too many great games coming out and not enough time/money. I feel like I'm gonna end up waiting a year or two to play this amazing looking game. I haven't seen much in the way of marketing either. Hopefully this game doesn't suffer from poor sales as we need more fresh ideas like this in the industry.
---
Playing: Little Big Planet Vita
Sleeping Dogs
#2QuBixPosted 10/8/2012 9:15:39 AM
9.2 from ign is already a sign that this game needs everyone's attention rather than other sequels this fall.
---
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix
#3JoeyFNKPosted 10/8/2012 9:17:41 AM
So IGN is reputable now? It gets so confusing around here about when IGN matters.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Batman Arkham Asylum, Dynasty Warriors 7, Magic 2013
#4mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 9:19:47 AM
JoeyFNK posted...
So IGN is reputable now? It gets so confusing around here about when IGN matters.

Kotaku had some very nice things to say about it as well.
---
Sleeping Dogs
#5DyingPancakePosted 10/8/2012 9:23:13 AM
Will wait untill its $20 (probably less)

Only getting one full-price game this fall so its going to be something thats going to last me a long time
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 0
#6Robin_MaskPosted 10/8/2012 9:25:18 AM
JoeyFNK posted...

It's okay as long as these sites/mags approve of the game the hypocrites like.
---
BlackEnergy11: then Sentinel said nah man I got you dawg.
#7JoeyFNKPosted 10/8/2012 9:27:57 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
JoeyFNK posted...

It's okay as long as these sites/mags approve of the game the hypocrites like.

Ain't that the dang truth.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Batman Arkham Asylum, Dynasty Warriors 7, Magic 2013
#8SheepinatorPosted 10/8/2012 9:29:26 AM(edited)
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Hopefully this game doesn't suffer from poor sales as we need more fresh ideas like this in the industry.

It will sell poorly, and gamers will continue to complain about the lack of new ideas and new IP, while saying if such games came out they would buy them, yet finding every excuse not to when the time comes.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 9:33:04 AM
I think they should have waited until Feb to release it. You've got borderlands 2, ass creed 3, xcom, halo 4, blops 2, and a few other games sandwiched around it. Poor dishonored will most likely be lost in the shuffle and forgotten about. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
---
Sleeping Dogs
#10sk4ndalousPosted 10/8/2012 9:44:54 AM
It's a FPS(tealth). It might be a brilliant FPS, but it's probably going to be viewed as yet another FPS(hooter). It also has no color (like every other "gritty" 360 game), the main character has a stylized skull mask (again, going with the whole OMG SO HARDCOAR aspect of it), and it's first person (how many FP games are there on 360 now?).

The steampunk aspect of this game separates it from the crowd - it looks fantastic, but had my friend not shown a gameplay video to me, I wouldn't have even bothered with it.

Again, from a first glance, the game is seriously rocking a Deathy McDeatherson shooter vibe. Upon closer inspection, it's a really fantastic concept.

I hate to say it, but I agree with OP. This game is going to tank. :<