This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I intend to buy one of the following systems... 360, PS3 or VITA?

#1n_uk2009Posted 10/8/2012 12:02:21 PM
Is it a bit shallow that I only intend to get the 360 partly because of the games but mainly because it has Sky on it for the mrs and I which we can use to watch movies and I can watch the footy on?

I think I prefer to get the ps3 or a vita however in term of games. I can only afford one. And I am not purchasing a package through Sky when I can use my old mans package via Sky Go...

What would you recommend? I have an S3 to watch Sky Go on but dont think we can link the S3 up to the tv when using Sky Go?
---
You'll find me getting my Football Manager fix
#2shawnmckPosted 10/8/2012 12:14:49 PM(edited)
Get the system that has the majority of games (exclusives) that you want to play most.

If the majority of games that interest you are multi-platform then decide based on controller, and which one you prefer the feel of).
For example, I personally prefer the XB 360 controller, but some prefer the Dual-shock 3 (PS3 controller).

Everything else is just semantics.
#3n_uk2009(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 12:16:38 PM
good point, cheers dude. just dont want the 360 to become obsolete next year if its true the next gen is coming....
---
You'll find me getting my Football Manager fix
#4mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/8/2012 12:27:02 PM
I've got a 360 and vita. Used to have a ps3. In all honesty you can't go wrong with any of them.

360 is great for fps, and has some amazing arcade titles.

Ps3 has some very unique and high quality titles that aren't just the same old thing. I actually got rid of mine bc I spent too much time with it.

The vita is an amazing piece of hardware with great title like gravity rush, unit 13, sound shapes, lbp, plus psp titles and some great psone classics on psn.

Like another poster said, go w the one that has the games you want.
---
Playing: Little Big Planet Vita
Sleeping Dogs
#5MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/8/2012 12:28:48 PM
360 IMO but if you are a big fan of MGS or really want LBP or Modnation then go PS3.
Under no circumstances I would recommend a Vita.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#6mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/8/2012 12:39:06 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
360 IMO but if you are a big fan of MGS or really want LBP or Modnation then go PS3.

Says the huge pokemon fan. Leave your bias at the door. The vita is a great system. Ask anyone who owns one.
---
Sleeping Dogs
#7silenthill4vidPosted 10/8/2012 12:40:47 PM
go with vita.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#8MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/8/2012 12:42:42 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...

Says the huge pokemon fan. Leave your bias at the door. The vita is a great system. Ask anyone who owns one.

The fact that I have a pic of a horrible board on my sig implores I am a nintendo fanboy?
Merely stating that IMO the vita is overpriced and has low support.
The TC asked OUR opinions.
---
#9mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/8/2012 12:48:39 PM

The fact that I have a pic of a horrible board on my sig implores I am a nintendo fanboy?
Merely stating that IMO the vita is overpriced and has low support.
The TC asked OUR opinions.

Maybe I misread it, but I still doubt you've even played one so that would render your opinion worthless. There are pleeeenty of great games already on the vita and plenty more have been announced.
---
Sleeping Dogs
#10MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/8/2012 12:51:39 PM
Maybe I misread it, but I still doubt you've even played one so that would render your opinion worthless. There are pleeeenty of great games already on the vita and plenty more have been announced.

If I go to any nearby game store, most of them don't even stock vita games.
That alone makes me not want one.
---