This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the review copy of a game ever differ from the retail version?

#1DentenshiPosted 10/8/2012 11:08:19 PM
To anyone who has ever played a review copy of a game. Is the full version ever different? I ask this because I heard few games in the past have been that way.
---
People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind.
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper
#2darkharePosted 10/8/2012 11:13:26 PM(edited)
because of a lack of detail on your part, your statement sound hypothetical and on the verge of baiting. put my worried mind at ease?

---
"what is the most important thing in the universe", a head of a dead cat. "why"? because you cannot put a price on it: Zen Buddhist
#3memphis12Posted 10/8/2012 11:16:42 PM
As darkhare said.

Im waiting for:

"Because *insert game here* got high score but when i played it, it wasnt worthy of that score."

Or

"Because *insert game here* got low score but when played it, it was worthy of a higher score."
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4CapwnDPosted 10/8/2012 11:20:27 PM
I ask this because I heard few games in the past have been that way.

What games?

There's bad demos all the time, so it seems plausible.

What's some examples?
---
Thrash Zone
#5Halo_ForeverPosted 10/8/2012 11:37:28 PM
Lost Odyssey is one such case, the review copy still had the unoptimized load times for battles that made them load for close to a minute. Retail version has 15-20 seconds making the experience considerably smoother.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#6LuckNotDoWithErPosted 10/8/2012 11:42:00 PM
no they're exactly the same.
#7NinjuggalotusPosted 10/9/2012 12:30:27 AM
Borderlands 2 had some changes in the menu compared to the review copy (on PC at least). There was some other game that was very different from the review copies but can't recall what it was.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#8Mister_LintonPosted 10/9/2012 12:41:21 AM
The unfortunate existence of day 1 patches makes this more and more common.
#9dannyaqPosted 10/9/2012 4:14:35 AM
Quite often it is different. I almost want to say.most of.the.time.its different. But its rare to have.significant differences. It.would mostly minor resale and.glitches.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/9/2012 5:48:34 AM
The unfortunate existence of day 1 patches makes this more and more common.

Unfortunate? It's better for something to be discovered right before manufacture, thus holding up the release of the product for a few weeks, rather than continuing with manufacture and putting a patch to download in 10 seconds right before you play?
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."