This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the dlc for trials evolution worth the price

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 10/10/2012 1:35:08 AM
that board isn't very active, so i ask here.
#2Ginsu VictimPosted 10/10/2012 3:12:33 AM
Yes, very much so, just for all the new elements people will be able to use in Track Central alone.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#3SheepinatorPosted 10/10/2012 6:03:53 AM
Absolutely. Trials is one of the few series where the amount of content in the DLC is very good value compared to the base game. The tracks work out at 15-20 cents each and that's without even considering the other benefits: new bike which isn't as much of a gimmick as that stupid micro bike, new Achievements including more squirrels to find and other meta games, new objects for future user DLC to use, etc. It's a bargain at less than the price of a fast food meal, or not much more than Starbucks.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/10/2012 6:38:24 AM
Yeah, I've heard it adds about the same amount of content as the full game.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#5GollyFluffPosted 10/10/2012 7:07:55 AM
it doesnt really add much redlynx created tracks. i can only recommend it if you use track central a lot. i'm still not sure how to tell when a track central track requires pain island.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#6SheepinatorPosted 10/10/2012 7:14:18 AM
GollyFluff posted...
it doesnt really add much redlynx created tracks. i can only recommend it if you use track central a lot.

These are new tracks. You make it sound like you can dl all the tracks for free already.
---
#7GollyFluffPosted 10/10/2012 8:18:31 AM
Sheepinator posted...
GollyFluff posted...
it doesnt really add much redlynx created tracks. i can only recommend it if you use track central a lot.

These are new tracks. You make it sound like you can dl all the tracks for free already.

Hmmm. I'm just saying that there aren't many new tracks. The new editor pieces are the main reason to buy this. And achievements I guess, one of which being the hardest trials achievement I've seen.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#8SheepinatorPosted 10/10/2012 9:09:53 AM
GollyFluff posted...
Hmmm. I'm just saying that there aren't many new tracks.

What exactly do you expect for $5? It has more than half as much content as the base game, for one third the price.

one of which being the hardest trials achievement I've seen.

Which one? Because the Marathon Achievement in Trials HD was totally insane, then they patched it to make it merely insane.
---
#9GollyFluffPosted 10/10/2012 9:16:04 AM
Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly but I thought the hd dlc had more tracks. Maybe its because I had to scroll through all the old tracks before I got to the new ones.

And for the achievements, the wheelie one is very difficult. I think the only one that comes close to its difficulty is the donkey achievement on trials hd.
---
#10SheepinatorPosted 10/10/2012 9:20:10 AM
GollyFluff posted...
And for the achievements, the wheelie one is very difficult. I think the only one that comes close to its difficulty is the donkey achievement on trials hd.

Yeah that wheelie one was tough. I got it though. The gecko bmx is the way to go I think. Thankfully each failure only takes seconds, and the music can be turned off. I never even attempted Marathon in HD, failed at the donkey one, and in the DLC I'm just missing the all Golds, which I will probably never get. I can beat the Extreme tracks but probably not to Gold level.
---