The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#1PrisonChilePosted 10/10/2012 9:29:02 AM
I am thinking about getting a gaming PC, it seems to be 10x better than console gaming. Better graphics, it offers a ton of free games, I can even use a controller if I didn't want to use mouse and keyboard. Sure I will be paying about 500 dollars for a good pc, but in the long run it will pay off. And please I want people who know stuff about pc to present valid arguments about pc hardware. None of that random having to get new parts every 2 years. My buddy has had a great working pc for 4 years and only payed like 475 to build it. Anything he buys after that is to just increase the quality better.

So again is there any real reason pc gaming isn't better than console (xbox specifically).
---
Im never happy, just less sad.
#2DoukouPosted 10/10/2012 9:34:34 AM
Split-Screen
---
Don't read this sig.
#3Superlinkbros89Posted 10/10/2012 9:38:20 AM
Mainly, consoles are far superior if you just want to pick up and play a game in your living room on a couch (Try Big Picture all you want, but lugging my 800 rig across my house and then having to use a mouse and keyboard just to acess steam in my living room isn't my idea of pick up and play).

Plus consoles have a lesser starting price.

Split screen multiplayer

Console exclusive games.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Minecraft, Mario Kart 7
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 10/10/2012 9:42:23 AM
exclusives and split screen are the only legit reasons i can think of.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 - Torchlight 2 - Resident Evil 6
#5SunDevil77Posted 10/10/2012 9:46:57 AM
Preference.
---
Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.
#6GawdDawgsPosted 10/10/2012 9:48:08 AM
you can put in a game and play it right away, without having to install or worry about hard/software compatibility, crashing, etc. In short, it's easier to console game. Also, it has some nice perks like playing on the couch on a big screen and using split-screen.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#7naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/10/2012 9:51:32 AM
Exclusives, Split-Screen, Less hackers/cheaters online, more community in multiplayer games than PC games, no need to configure or tweak your games to make it run or anything else, everyone experience the same graphics, fps drops or playing all the same gamepad where nobody has an advantage than someone else where having a gaming mouse and gaming keyboard vs someone with a normal mouse and keyboard.
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#8AsucaHayashiPosted 10/10/2012 9:53:55 AM
And please I want people who know stuff about pc to present valid arguments about pc hardware.

lol... you're better off asking this on the PC boards.
for instance somebody already mentioned couch play as a perk of console.

but in the long run it will pay off.

but anyways... what is a long run?

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Action-Pack-Download/dp/B009L4KQVE/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1349890818&sr=1-2&keywords=batman+arkham+city+download

and rumor has it that next week:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43052889&postcount=3344

first link: both batman arkham games for $10 total.

second link:
Deus Ex Human Revolutuon + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

again for $10

you don't exactly have to wait long before the PC pays for itself.
it's very realistic to say that spending $700 on a computer + $300 on game sales will net you many more games and gaming amount(mods for instance) than spending $300 on a console and $700 on games.

i cannot in good faith recommend people to actually lose money by choosing consoles unless of course they only game a very small amount which wouldn't make the investment into PC gaming worth it at all... luckily this is almost never the case.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#9secondhand1Posted 10/10/2012 9:59:10 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Preference.

This is the only argument you need.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#10secondhand1Posted 10/10/2012 10:02:30 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
And please I want people who know stuff about pc to present valid arguments about pc hardware.

lol... you're better off asking this on the PC boards.
for instance somebody already mentioned couch play as a perk of console.

but in the long run it will pay off.

but anyways... what is a long run?

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Action-Pack-Download/dp/B009L4KQVE/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1349890818&sr=1-2&keywords=batman+arkham+city+download

and rumor has it that next week:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43052889&postcount=3344

first link: both batman arkham games for $10 total.

second link:
Deus Ex Human Revolutuon + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

again for $10

you don't exactly have to wait long before the PC pays for itself.
it's very realistic to say that spending $700 on a computer + $300 on game sales will net you many more games and gaming amount(mods for instance) than spending $300 on a console and $700 on games.

i cannot in good faith recommend people to actually lose money by choosing consoles unless of course they only game a very small amount which wouldn't make the investment into PC gaming worth it at all... luckily this is almost never the case.

Which is where you belong.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.