This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#11naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/10/2012 11:24:52 AM
And please I want people who know stuff about pc to present valid arguments about pc hardware.

lol... you're better off asking this on the PC boards.
for instance somebody already mentioned couch play as a perk of console.

but in the long run it will pay off.

but anyways... what is a long run?

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Action-Pack-Download/dp/B009L4KQVE/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1349890818&sr=1-2&keywords=batman+arkham+city+download

and rumor has it that next week:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43052889&postcount=3344

first link: both batman arkham games for $10 total.

second link:
Deus Ex Human Revolutuon + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

again for $10

you don't exactly have to wait long before the PC pays for itself.
it's very realistic to say that spending $700 on a computer + $300 on game sales will net you many more games and gaming amount(mods for instance) than spending $300 on a console and $700 on games.

i cannot in good faith recommend people to actually lose money by choosing consoles unless of course they only game a very small amount which wouldn't make the investment into PC gaming worth it at all... luckily this is almost never the case.

Typical response from a PC elitist, why are you even on the 360 board anyways? Do you lurk around for someone to create a topic like this and bash the 360 when given the chance?
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#12AsucaHayashiPosted 10/10/2012 11:32:42 AM
Typical response from a PC elitist, why are you even on the 360 board anyways? Do you lurk around for someone to create a topic like this and bash the 360 when given the chance?

well damn, i've met some pots calling kettles black across gfaqs but i gotta admit that this takes the cake XD
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#13SolisPosted 10/10/2012 11:33:26 AM
Simplicity/ease of use, more games with split screen, exclusives. That's really about it.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#14SS_MetalSonicPosted 10/10/2012 11:33:39 AM
I buy all the availiable consoles each gen. and i usually buy a new computer between each console generation. There are many more console games that interest me than PC games. im not into MMO's , not into top down RPGs, and not into RTS. Which leaves me with very , very little .

The last three or four game I played on PC were : FEAR , Prey , Crysis and Crysis : Warhead.
Its been nothing since then. I was interested in Spore but never bought it. Trine interested me but I bought it on PSN.

at the end of this console generation ; I believe PC gaming will surge forward and I surely will find a couple of games that interest me. I will play them and then the new consoles will get hot and I will forget about my PC for a while ,once again.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Arkham City, Dead space 2, SKYRIM
#15naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/10/2012 11:36:51 AM

well damn, i've met some pots calling kettles black across gfaqs but i gotta admit that this takes the cake XD

That's what I thought...troll confirm.
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#16Ryan2002Posted 10/10/2012 11:38:21 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...

I'm confused by this. You are saying that he trolls the PC boards by doing what you are doing, right?
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#17alucard7Posted 10/10/2012 11:41:37 AM
Console gaming is way more convenient.
#18AsucaHayashiPosted 10/10/2012 12:02:33 PM
You are saying that he trolls the PC boards by doing what you are doing, right?

other than the fact that i'm not trolling in the slightest, then yes, you are correct.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#19chrcolPosted 10/10/2012 12:04:14 PM
I own both a decent pc (without spending silly money) and a xbox360.

my pc is gtx 460 and a core i5 750 16 gig ram. That spec isnt very expensive to build and will be moderatly future proof as well. I also now have an ssd although I wouldnt consider that a requirement for gaming.

Out of every game I have played on both the pc and console the pc has been superior every time, usually due to combination of graphics, loading times, and modding of game. Also tho I see a tendancy from developers to now enhance pc versions of games as they often get released after the console.

Sadly the consoles have many games that arent available to pc, and I am hooked on the xbox achievement system. I did buy the last remnant for pc instead of xbox360 tho and although I own skyrim for pc and 360 I tthink its quite likely I wont play the 360 version of that game.

Steam defenity adds conveniance to pc gaming as well, I registered on steam today to try that xcom demo and it adds a lot of simplification to the install process. So what the consoles have going for them is lower entry cost, conveniance and exclusives. But when a game can be played on both I think the pc is superior.
#20nothingbeastPosted 10/10/2012 12:28:13 PM
I can pick up any game off the shelf without looking past the "360" logo and know it's gonna work on my system.

The end, IMO.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.