This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#31SepticFleshPosted 10/10/2012 12:34:03 PM
for me, it's not having to check the minimum requirements to run a game. I know if I buy a game for the 360 or PS3 I'll be able to play it. I have an older computer so I would have to check whether my PC meets the minimum requirements. Also, it seems like there are different graphics cards for PCs and some games might not run as well if you don't have the preferred video card.

Also, another reason for me is that I'm on the computer for work almost all day, so if I want to come home and relax I don't want to sit at a computer.
---
Eternity shall be spent like this. Beneath silent faces my corpse weeps quietly.
#32MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/10/2012 12:35:30 PM
SepticFlesh posted...
for me, it's not having to check the minimum requirements to run a game. I know if I buy a game for the 360 or PS3 I'll be able to play it. I have an older computer so I would have to check whether my PC meets the minimum requirements. Also, it seems like there are different graphics cards for PCs and some games might not run as well if you don't have the preferred video card.

Also, another reason for me is that I'm on the computer for work almost all day, so if I want to come home and relax I don't want to sit at a computer.

See, if you have a half-decent computer, you won't need to be looking at the minimum requirements.

As for the second statement, that's completely fair and I understand where you are coming from.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#33QuetzocoetlPosted 10/10/2012 12:37:27 PM
-Local multiplayer

-Price. I can buy a $200 Xbox that can play Skyrim. Good luck finding a $200 computer that could run it with parity to the 360 version.

-Exclusives.

-Tend to be better supported. Not saying the PC crowd gets ignored, just saying that developers tend to put their focus towards the consoles more often than not.

-Lack of maintenance. I never have to go looking for a driver update, never have to close programs or background services, and never have to clean out my console's registry for the sake of squeezing out a few more FPS. All updates are standardized and made simple, easy and automated.

-Ease of rentals. Renting a PC game means I'm going to have to spend time installing then uninstalling the game. Renting it on a console might just mean downloading a patch, maybe erasing some save files or free DLC if I really need the space.
---
Retribution Boards >retribution.muux.org< -Free Forum, Free Speech.
Gamertag: Quetzocoetl
#34naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/10/2012 12:38:14 PM
SepticFlesh posted...

See, if you have a half-decent computer, you won't need to be looking at the minimum requirements.

As for the second statement, that's completely fair and I understand where you are coming from.

http://picardfacepalm.com/picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#35ObtikPosted 10/10/2012 12:43:04 PM
naughtydog2kO3 posted...
Exclusives, Split-Screen, Less hackers/cheaters online, more community in multiplayer games than PC games, no need to configure or tweak your games to make it run or anything else, everyone experience the same graphics, fps drops or playing all the same gamepad where nobody has an advantage than someone else where having a gaming mouse and gaming keyboard vs someone with a normal mouse and keyboard.

Why did this thread even continue after this?
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#36MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/10/2012 12:43:58 PM
Quetzocoetl posted...
-Exclusives.

Wut? PC has FAR more exclusives than the Xbox, PC gaming is THE indie gaming platform.

-Tend to be better supported. Not saying the PC crowd gets ignored, just saying that developers tend to put their focus towards the consoles more often than not.

That really depends what games you play, I do admit there are some fairly horrible ports though.

-Lack of maintenance. I never have to go looking for a driver update, never have to close programs or background services, and never have to clean out my console's registry for the sake of squeezing out a few more FPS. All updates are standardized and made simple, easy and automated.

TBQH it's not that hard to maintain a computer if you are half literate at using the damn thing.

-Ease of rentals. Renting a PC game means I'm going to have to spend time installing then uninstalling the game. Renting it on a console might just mean downloading a patch, maybe erasing some save files or free DLC if I really need the space.

TBH installing a game on your PC takes about as long as installing it on xbox, so not that long.
(Besides, who the hell rents PC games anymore?)
---
#37Killah PriestPosted 10/10/2012 1:01:06 PM
consoles have convenience, you don't have to fiddle with settings or worry about compatibility you just put the game in and it works.

Viruses
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#38MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/10/2012 1:02:08 PM
Killah Priest posted...
Viruses

Again, if you get a virus, you are at fault.
---
#39Killah PriestPosted 10/10/2012 1:07:26 PM
I've never gotten a virus in my 20+ years of computing.

That doesn't mean they don't exist.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#40EcotronPosted 10/10/2012 1:08:42 PM
Are there any real arguments why soccer is better than basketball? Both gaming, it's just preference.