This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#331Unbridled9Posted 10/11/2012 6:57:40 PM
I only got my gaming PC this year. Before then I was almost entirely a console gamer as my PC's were out of date. Now that I have both...

I am severely underwhelmed by the PC. Ignoring Steam I have access to only a few games worth playing that are immediately available. If I were to rate my PC based on the non-Steam games I have, It would be very low.

With Steam? Ehhhh... It's got more games but... Really? Aside from a few FP games it doesn't feel all that different from the console.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#332SodapopVIIPosted 10/11/2012 7:00:34 PM
CaPwnD posted...
It is quite evident in this topic that a lot of people arguing on the console side are clueless as to what can even be done with a personal computer.

It is quite evident that you and the PC board that flooded this topic have not read the posts, but are regurgitating the same crap over and over again. It only took ten posts for AsucaHayashi to show up and start to stir the pot. Linking to this topic on the PC board? No class.

Plenty of people were posting reason after reason whey they prefer consoles, yet the PC crowd came and and were like "LA LA LA NOT LISTENING PC MASTER RAACE YOU ARE PEASENTS LA LA"

And over and over and over. Then you chime in, defending one of these... so called "gamers" and you yourself saw what a schmuck he was being.

People can game on any system they wish but reading this topic and many like it there is always plenty of console gamers who call PC players 'nerds' and spout out drivel about not having console exclusives or misinformation about being able to sit on a couch without dealing with updates and using a controller. As much as it's equally (if at points worse from the PC side) I will always point out how stupid a lot of their reasoning is. Also - in this topic I have seen multiple posts about console being superior and PC a 'dying breed' - It's not exclusive from PC users.

Also one persons actions are of no concern to me... there are idiots on both sides as I am sure you well know.
---
Gamefaqs user since 1999.
#333CapwnDPosted 10/11/2012 7:00:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#334CapwnDPosted 10/11/2012 7:01:29 PM
I only got my gaming PC this year. Before then I was almost entirely a console gamer as my PC's were out of date. Now that I have both...

I am severely underwhelmed by the PC. Ignoring Steam I have access to only a few games worth playing that are immediately available. If I were to rate my PC based on the non-Steam games I have, It would be very low.

With Steam? Ehhhh... It's got more games but... Really? Aside from a few FP games it doesn't feel all that different from the console.

GOG has a good selection of games at a low price....

There's plenty of games on PC. PC gaming is fine. But If the idiots would just listen to the reasons why people prefer consoles perhaps they wouldn't' look like such tools.
---
Thrash Zone
#335ArthasRebornPosted 10/11/2012 7:03:41 PM

There's plenty of games on PC. PC gaming is fine. But If the idiots would just listen to the reasons why people prefer consoles perhaps they wouldn't' look like such tools.

Am I a tool? :c
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#336Dante200XPosted 10/11/2012 7:08:07 PM

You need to start playing games at higher settings and start using some mods.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#337CapwnDPosted 10/11/2012 7:10:13 PM

You focused on one thing that one person said. And even that... sure of course one can plug into a TV. But we are talking about convenience, and how most people have their houses set up. Houses with family, perhaps... many reasons why a connection to a TV isn't viable.

Right off the bat "you should ask this on the PC board"

Why? How would the PC board know why some people prefer consoles? And they came here anyways lol. Was very condescending sounding in a topic where people were being peaceful and just posting legitimate reasons why they prefer consoles.
---
Thrash Zone
#338Dante200XPosted 10/11/2012 7:17:03 PM
Was very condescending sounding in a topic where people were being peaceful and just posting legitimate reasons why they prefer consoles.

Uh......WHAT? No, not at all.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#339CapwnDPosted 10/11/2012 7:23:23 PM
Uhh... yeah dude. uhhh.
---
Thrash Zone
#340Snuckie7Posted 10/11/2012 7:26:08 PM
CaPwnD posted...

You focused on one thing that one person said. And even that... sure of course one can plug into a TV. But we are talking about convenience, and how most people have their houses set up. Houses with family, perhaps... many reasons why a connection to a TV isn't viable.

Right off the bat "you should ask this on the PC board"

Why? How would the PC board know why some people prefer consoles? And they came here anyways lol. Was very condescending sounding in a topic where people were being peaceful and just posting legitimate reasons why they prefer consoles.

Why was this linked on the PC board? So the one lone guy arguing in this thread could get some backup against all the trolls flaming him. Also, the majority of PC gamers own a console in addition to a PC (me included; I own three), so they can provide a somewhat less biased view on the subject. Very rarely are there gamers who game mostly on consoles, but also have a gaming capable PC. Of course this makes a lot of sense, because once you have enjoyed the premium of PC gaming, it's hard to go back.

And many of these so called "peaceful" and "legitimate" reasons, were composed solely of angry ad homenim attacks, plain ignorance and utter bigotry.