This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#341AsucaHayashiPosted 10/11/2012 7:32:02 PM(edited)
CaPwnD posted...
It is quite evident in this topic that a lot of people arguing on the console side are clueless as to what can even be done with a personal computer.

It is quite evident that you and the PC board that flooded this topic have not read the posts, but are regurgitating the same crap over and over again. It only took ten posts for AsucaHayashi to show up and start to stir the pot. Linking to this topic on the PC board? No class.

Plenty of people were posting reason after reason whey they prefer consoles, yet the PC crowd came and and were like "LA LA LA NOT LISTENING PC MASTER RAACE YOU ARE PEASENTS LA LA"

And over and over and over. Then you chime in, defending one of these... so called "gamers" and you yourself saw what a schmuck he was being.

first of all who are you calling a shmuck and who do you think was linking to this topic on the PC boards?

as for topic i didn't need to stir the pot about anything as TC presented an inquiry which included the topic of cost and i easily showed him how to get the absolute best and most out of his money... ie. that ain't happening with a console.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#342Erik212Posted 10/11/2012 7:35:20 PM
Eh, my 360 has been gathering dust ever since I made my $700 4 years ago that still runs games on high settings on a $100 video card.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#343ZackG31Posted 10/11/2012 7:45:11 PM
I play my PC games with a 360 controller on a couch, 5.1 SS, 50 inch plasma. I bought a GTX 560 ti last year and got a free copy of Batman AC. PC is way better than consoles, just a fact. I dont pay for online pay, buy games on sale. Only 1 game I payed over $45 for this year and that was ME3 ( which I regret).
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#344chrcolPosted 10/11/2012 8:00:09 PM
"The Xbox 360 has been out nearly 7 years. Its initial price was $400 for a premium model.

How many GPU upgrades would you make in 7 years to maintain "optimal" performance?"

Hang on, we talking about performance on par with console, otherwise we not talking about equal performance experience.

In the last 7 years I have upgraded my gfx card twice. My current graphics card is about 3x as powerful as a xbox360 and it wouldnt surprise me if it beats the xbox720 as well, my old graphics card in my opinion was also more powerful than a xbox360 and probably would still be useable today but I only swapped it to save power as the newer one is more power efficient. I expect my current graphics card to still be useable in 3 years time. Whilst GPU's are always been developed the fact is games released dont just support the top end hardware, if they did they would go out of business as the market would be too small.

My old graphics card cost me 80, my current one cost me 110, so in last 7 years I have spent 190 on graphics cards. A 200 graphics card now would probably last 5 years minimal for console level of performance.

I see whats happening here, people who cant keep a level head are looking at 500 graphics cards to justify their argument. Those 500 cards are used by people who play on multiple monitors at extreme resolutions.
#345chrcolPosted 10/11/2012 8:06:41 PM
"Early in XBOX360's life cycle there were some exclusives (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2) that persuaded me to get the 360. Now I am done with JRPG and NG is also on PS3, my PC totally replaces my 360. Note: I don't play Halo, Gears and Forza at all. I also don't play Fable even though it is on Steam."

This is a very good point, all my jrpg's I have noticed except ff13 are 2010 or older. It seems as if microsoft just gave up on the genre and decided to plunder FPS, kinect and xbox live services for profits.

Also noticed on steam old games actually go down in price a lot, something I dont see on xbox live. Also found out now that steam also has achievements. I wont sell my 360, I have games for it I have paid for and also games for it that are not on the pc, there is still probably more games I will buy for my 360, however from now on when a game is on both platforms I will probably buy pc.
#346TheGreenRobinPosted 10/11/2012 8:20:09 PM
PC gaming is is you have internet friends, console gaming is if you have real life friends.

Other advantages include: Cheaper, pick up and play, no configuration, no installation, multiple players on one console, easier access, exclusives, better communities.

You may think 12 year olds in COD are bad, but the people that think the PC is the master race and is the greatest gaming platform are MUCH worse. I have a gaming PC, I can run most games flawlessly but id rather use a controller then strain my fingers using a keyboard with it's 50 different buttons to press for minimal tasks (STALKER: CTRL to crouch, Shift+CTRL to crouch even more. Really? Useless).

There is no better platform, it all comes down to preference. If you only own an xbox 360, then it's the best. As an owner of all 3 I can say I have much more fun with xbox than I do with the others. PS3 is great but every game focuses too heavily on graphics with the 1000X bloom and motion blur, the exclusives are all terrible FPS games (Killzone, Resistance) and even Uncharted isn't as amazing as it's cut out to be.

Xbox exclusives may not be much better but they are more diverse. PC gets the best of both worlds but half the games are console ports and you need to set up an account for basically every one of them. PC gaming is the least fun IMO.
---
GT: The Green Robin
Trying to get better at fighting games but dam they need dedication!
#347ArthasRebornPosted 10/11/2012 8:32:19 PM
(STALKER: CTRL to crouch, Shift+CTRL to crouch even more. Really? Useless).

It's not that bad. You can let go of the crouch key and just hold shift if you want to low-crouch. And honestly, I'd rather have more keys to use than the consolised solution of stuff like Mass Effect 3, where it's a one-spacebar-fits-all kind of thing. Context sensitivity can get pretty irritating at times.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#348Snuckie7Posted 10/11/2012 8:39:33 PM
TheGreenRobin posted...
PC gets the best of both worlds but half the games are console ports and you need to set up an account for basically every one of them. PC gaming is the least fun IMO.

You need to set up an account for every game? You mean just one Steam account? Which takes about the same hassle to set up as a PSN or XBL account, and it's free.
#349ArthasRebornPosted 10/11/2012 8:42:11 PM
TheGreenRobin posted...
PC gets the best of both worlds but half the games are console ports and you need to set up an account for basically every one of them. PC gaming is the least fun IMO.

You need to set up an account for every game? You mean just one Steam account? Which takes about the same hassle to set up as a PSN or XBL account, and it's free.

Eh, I'll give him a little bit more leeway than that. Worst-case-scenario, you'll set up a Uplay account, a GFWL account, and, while not mandatory to play, there's also Gamespy and perhaps a couple more. It's really easy to see which games need what, though, considering it's right there in the requirements.

Most things are, indeed, shifting to Steamworks, which makes things really convenient.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#350SunDevil77Posted 10/11/2012 8:55:36 PM
Point is, we all love video games, so let us rejoice that there are so many options, and fantastic games coming out.
---
Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable