This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#51Decoy2manPosted 10/10/2012 3:36:48 PM
Games , do you know how many awards Uncharted, Heavy Rain and Red Dead Redemption got. Cost of upgrading is not worthy of few games you will play untill next upgrade requirement.
PC is name of constant flux of upgrading, Installing and fighting driver updates.
---
Suki na Mono wa Suki dakara Shouganai!!
#52drakor180Posted 10/10/2012 3:38:08 PM
Much cheaper. It's great for those who don't really play enough to want to pay and arm, a leg, and a finger every time you need to upgrade. PC is for people who play a lot, and don't mind paying extra for a generally superior experience.
---
IX>IV>VII>VI>III>I>X>V>VIII>XII>XIII>II
FFXI and FFXIV can die in a fire.
#53jjg737Posted 10/10/2012 3:38:11 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Preference.

this. It all boils down the preference, and what you find more comfortable/convenient to use.
#54jakethenoobPosted 10/10/2012 3:50:26 PM(edited)
nothingbeast posted...
I can pick up any game off the shelf without looking past the "360" logo and know it's gonna work on my system.

The end, IMO.

Except when the 360 breaks

And can someone tell me why people act like this is 2002 and you can't hook your PC/laptop up to a TV with HDMI and play on a couch or whatever?
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#55Dref151Posted 10/10/2012 3:49:12 PM
Exclusives is major. And your companies normally only boost your grapics until they get out of the range of an average pc owner ( card wise). They could of made skyrim much much showier on the pc, but then less and less people could play it. Having the top line g-card isn't really useful until that rating becomes average.
#56jakethenoobPosted 10/10/2012 3:52:34 PM
SqLeonheart posted...
Interested in MMO's? Buy a PC.
Interested in any other game? Buy a Console.

Are you really implying that RTS and FPS games are better on a console
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#57Dref151Posted 10/10/2012 3:53:11 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Sure I will be paying about 500 dollars for a good pc

My graphics card was almost that much. just sayen. If you're talking about 10x better graphics, you're not going to spend only $500.

YOur doing yourself less good than you think you are. game makers are not making the games for the topline graphics card, that would make no sense. It may be a bit smoother, but or elike comparing the ps3 to the 360, or the ps2 to the GC. Not the NES to the ps3/360 ( like a lot of people claim)
#58SilbePosted 10/10/2012 3:54:12 PM
Games will always look better on PC if ported properly. The Console Hardware is very limited in this regard. You also have Mods and lots of Indie Games. If you are lucky and your TV is close to your computer you can even play on TV on the couch and the Games are usually cheaper.
But to build a decent Gaming PC, meaning a PC that can run all Games for at least 3 Years to come at at least High or Ultra Settings you will pay lots of money. Don't believe anyone telling you otherwise. All those super graphics, performance etc arguments are null and void if you don't have a good PC.

Console are cheaper and will play games for years to come.

Your choice, if graphics and the option to mod games means a lot to you and you have the money, buy a PC. If not, play on Console.
It's a simple matter of preference.
#59CapwnDPosted 10/10/2012 4:02:34 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Sure I will be paying about 500 dollars for a good pc

My graphics card was almost that much. just sayen. If you're talking about 10x better graphics, you're not going to spend only $500.

YOur doing yourself less good than you think you are. game makers are not making the games for the topline graphics card, that would make no sense. It may be a bit smoother, but or elike comparing the ps3 to the 360, or the ps2 to the GC. Not the NES to the ps3/360 ( like a lot of people claim)

I don't agree. It seems like PC games come out with the intent of being able to run them at max ultra settings (smoothly) years from now. Meaning, the game came out today, but in a year or two you'll have a computer that can max it out smoothly.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#60CapwnDPosted 10/10/2012 4:04:05 PM(edited)
nothingbeast posted...
I can pick up any game off the shelf without looking past the "360" logo and know it's gonna work on my system.

The end, IMO.

Except when the 360 breaks

And can someone tell me why people act like this is 2002 and you can't hook your PC/laptop up to a TV with HDMI and play on a couch or whatever?

Can someone tell jakethenoob that it's not 2005 anymore?
---
Thrash or be Thrashed