This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any real arguments why PC gaming isn't better?

#61RetroFanGirlPosted 10/10/2012 3:05:37 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Sure I will be paying about 500 dollars for a good pc

My graphics card was almost that much. just sayen. If you're talking about 10x better graphics, you're not going to spend only $500.

And we have our answer.
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj34PPN6RHY
#62singhellotakuPosted 10/10/2012 3:09:07 PM
Many games come out late or never on PC for one, in addition PC gaming can be a headache due to the nature of everybody having different hardware, I know a console game will work when I buy it, my pc version of skyrim has some visual glitch I can't fix that nobody else seems to have because only I have the exact combination of components to cause it, my monitor has higher resolution but my tv is bigger, and I like controllers over keyboard and mouse frankly. I like both, but prefer the stability and social nature of consoles.

And yes it's cheaper, $475 is still more than I payed for my 360 or ps3, so there is that.
#63Hi CPosted 10/10/2012 3:11:22 PM
+ Play from your sofa; definitely better for casual gaming or gaming with friends (Internet excepted)

Hook your tower up to a HD TV and ....play on a couch...with a controller.

+ Portability; take it to your mate's house

LAN parties.

+ Nice big 1080p TV screen (assuming you have one)

You mean "parents have one" unless you're talking about pc gamers.
Also GPU's have HDMI ports too.

+ Certain genres just play better on console (platforming, racing)

Buy a controller. Buy a steering wheel and peddle setup. lol don't know what you're talking about.

+ Relatively low price

I bought a PC to have a pc. I bought a GPU ($200) to play games.
If you bought a 360 at launch you've paid more for online play then the system originally cost.

+ Certain high-quality console-specific titles (but less so nowadays with lots of cross-platform development)

True PC Gamers don't care about console "exclusives".
---
You'll be my John G.
#64singhellotakuPosted 10/10/2012 3:14:22 PM

How is that a rational argument?
#65xNewAgeWarriorxPosted 10/10/2012 3:19:15 PM
Gaming grew up on consoles, most major changes happened on consoles, consoles have more games, consoles are more accessible.

Also, aligning yourself with any platform is dumb.Why not just have both...
---
We used to be the wealthy elite until the "articulate dialog" tax.Now we can't afford stones for stone soup.
#66SunDevil77Posted 10/10/2012 3:21:55 PM
singhellotaku posted...

How is that a rational argument?

Uh, PC gamers are the only true gamers. They are an elite class of bada**es. Didn't you get the memo?
---
Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable
#67CapwnDPosted 10/10/2012 3:28:19 PM

What a dumb statement. So you're saying that once you become a PC gamer you don't care about games. Perhaps this is why I still consider myself a console gamer even though I have a nice high end PC.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#68naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/10/2012 3:35:30 PM
+ Play from your sofa; definitely better for casual gaming or gaming with friends (Internet excepted)

Hook your tower up to a HD TV and ....play on a couch...with a controller.

+ Portability; take it to your mate's house

LAN parties.

+ Nice big 1080p TV screen (assuming you have one)

You mean "parents have one" unless you're talking about pc gamers.
Also GPU's have HDMI ports too.

+ Certain genres just play better on console (platforming, racing)

Buy a controller. Buy a steering wheel and peddle setup. lol don't know what you're talking about.

+ Relatively low price

I bought a PC to have a pc. I bought a GPU ($200) to play games.
If you bought a 360 at launch you've paid more for online play then the system originally cost.

+ Certain high-quality console-specific titles (but less so nowadays with lots of cross-platform development)

I really love this part where he says "hook up your tower to the big tv" sure you can do tha but it won't look nice standing next to entertainment center or there is any room, not to mention it means unpluging a bunch of cords and having to hook everything back up again to the TV, that to me is not plug and play but sorry, that is actually a con than anything.
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#69naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/10/2012 3:38:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#70arrseeteePosted 10/10/2012 3:38:31 PM
PC Gaming = Options
Console Gaming = Convienence

Preference.
---
Happy Holidays Faqs :D