The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT I attempt to name the most skill based games on the Xbox 360

#1BS_InfinitePosted 10/10/2012 10:23:26 PM(edited)
I'm going to do this by genre.
(I'm only going to use games with xbox live for obvious reasons)

RPG
Enchanted Arms

Shooter
Halo

Racing
Forza
Honorable mention: Need For Speed

RTS
C&C

Strategy
Chessmaster

Fighting
Tekken

Platformer
Doritos Crash Course(This one is completely biased. I don't know other platformers that have matchmaking)

This list is for the Live portion of each game. Single player is not considered
---
BS_Infinite posted...
A sig
#2MrZetsubouPosted 10/10/2012 9:45:11 PM
Halo

you lost right here
---
It's great that you made yourself an imaginary friend. And then, you can't even get along with that guy!
PEOPLE SKILLS, man. You're a MASTER!
#3darkharePosted 10/10/2012 9:48:02 PM
for racing, im insulted that f12012 isnt there.
---
"what is the most important thing in the universe", a head of a dead cat. "why"? because you cannot put a price on it: Zen Buddhist
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/10/2012 9:51:46 PM(edited)
RPG...no Dark Souls?
And for plats: Super Meat Boy/Sperlunky
---
Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable
#5BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 10:14:59 PM
Oh and sorry for no sports games. I haven't played enough to make a fair decision.
---
BS_Infinite posted...
A sig
#6Spartangod777Posted 10/10/2012 10:15:34 PM
MrZetsubou posted...
Halo

you lost right here

---
Nothing important to say here.
#7LuckNotDoWithItPosted 10/10/2012 10:36:23 PM
Easy, in my case.

Ninety Nine Nights 2.

Exclusive, and a real gem because it reminds me of Mark of Kri. Sony canceled their entire Mark of Kri series and Legend of Legaia which is a real shame, I've been bummed ever since. But Ninety Nine Nights takes over where Mark of Kri left off, its actually VERY difficult, very brutal with an extreme amount of custom weapons and much better than the ridiculous dragon warrior strategy game. Its a bold action RPG, and extremely engaging, story wise or difficulty wise. It takes a lot of skill to master each class, and I'm glad to say I did not give up, I mastered the final class and one of these days I'm doing a Lets Play.

Alan Wake American Nightmare

This exclusive game is unique, well thought out and requires a lot of skill to survive. The different weapons they added gave a somewhat Uncharted feel to it, but even besides that, there is a lot going on with having to master Wake's different handling of weapons and artifacts. Also, his ability to break into doors and things is very Resident Evil like...I did find it a lot more difficult than Resident Evil.

Way of the Samurai 3

It goes without saying this game isn't exclusive, but despite that its still a beast to beat. I have had quite the difficult time just on the sayan challenges and different arena battles. Overall, I spent an enormous amount of time in this game. Definitely one I will be putting on Lets Play video for sure. Its amazing how many combinations you have to get right, to really get in there and do your magic.

Crackdown 2

This exclusive game was quite hard. At first I did not understand the map but after getting out of the main part of the city, the story started to come together finally. The multiplayer isn't as good as it should be but I'm very shocked at how deep the campaign actually is. There was a lot of challenges in there, taking off Vice City, that just frustrated me beyond belief. I don't know why people dislike the game, but it is fairly hard, and for me is a more complex game than Crackdown 1. I did find the story to be a different item and rather lacking.

Halo Wars
Nuff' said.....This and the rest of the strategy games on XBLA like Rome Total War are very difficult, eating up excruciating amounts of time. I still haven't beaten any of the last final classes, I don't know if I ever will.
#8Enix BelmontPosted 10/10/2012 10:49:28 PM
Enchanted Arms? Really? Admittedly haven't gotten all too far, but I dunno if I'd put it there at all.

As for fighting games, I think all of them are the same. Tekken,Virtua fighter SF4, Blazblue even MK and UMVC3(which really is not as easy as people say at all), etc. I think they all have their own brand of depth and none of them are really just plain more skill based than the others. None of us
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#9MrZetsubouPosted 10/11/2012 10:02:45 AM
From: Enix Belmont | Posted: 10/11/2012 7:49:28 AM | #008
Enchanted Arms? Really?

Yeah, the Guardians completely destroy you the first time you fight em, especially the final boss.
You either have to use a good strategy, be lucky, or overlevel the boss.
---
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/Vexe1/saved/tsumiki.jpg
"....please don't grow any taller."
#10gabriusPosted 10/11/2012 10:06:26 AM
LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
Way of the Samurai 3

It goes without saying this game isn't exclusive, but despite that its still a beast to beat. I have had quite the difficult time just on the sayan challenges and different arena battles. Overall, I spent an enormous amount of time in this game. Definitely one I will be putting on Lets Play video for sure. Its amazing how many combinations you have to get right, to really get in there and do your magic.

Seriously, how do you drink this much before lunchtime?
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius