The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, my disc tray refuses to physically open even though the menu shows it is

#1AznEDPosted 10/11/2012 5:55:54 AM(edited)
The light is even blinking indicating whenever I press the eject button or eject it from the menu. It shows me that it is closing or opening, but the disc tray itself will not physically eject out. There was a disc stuck inside and I opened it manually via paper clip trick to get it out.

Now the tray still won't eject and the light indicator is still blinking. Also, I don't hear any sound whenever I press the eject button. Any one know the problem and solution?
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#2Dragon NexusPosted 10/11/2012 7:18:52 AM
Is this a new Xbox? Did you remove the sticky tape holding the draw closed?
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#3madgreg666Posted 10/11/2012 7:31:01 AM
I had the same issue, but the draw worked after a little persuasion ( i ripped the faceplate off so i could get my fingers on the disk tray stop a little easier) Then I ended up taking that white piece on the end of the tray that says X360 off, and as long as I left a disk in, It opened on closed fine

If the gears aren't turning, and you can't hear the little motor\servo whatever it is, then it's most likely all done
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#4AznED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 8:47:34 AM
Update, probably should have mentioned I have an old Xbox model and I also ripped the faceplate off. (It's the MW2 bundle model)

I woke up and turned on the Xbox and press the eject button, it works now. Looks like I'm going to be paranoid for a while.
---
#5Chewbacca_420Posted 10/11/2012 9:11:39 AM
Mine does that from time to time, but opening it from the dash always works
---
"Good people drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson
#6AznED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 4:16:05 PM
Guys...it did it again. This time the 360 randomly restarted while I was just on the Dashboard. It's blinking again. It's been restarting a few times already. I'm scared.
---
#7Yankeehazard191Posted 10/11/2012 5:25:07 PM
If it stops working all together take it to have it fixed. If you have the money for a new xbox just buy a new one but if you have some spare cash have the disc drive replaced. Mine burt out on me awhile back it was like 73 bucks to fix. It was well worth the money.
#8pyrokinesis666Posted 10/11/2012 5:35:39 PM
There is a little rubberband that opens and closes the disc tray,

if that band is frayed or broke, that will be part of your problem.
#9AznED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 6:55:41 PM
Alright, thanks for the input guys.

I'm not too worried about data, since this is just the dvd drive not ejecting. I've decided to borrow a friends Xbox (he has not played in a long time) to hold my data and play on until I find a new one.

A thought: How easy is it to move your old data from a fat to slim Xbox?
---
#10pyrokinesis666Posted 10/11/2012 7:43:38 PM
easy, with the transfer cable