This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do i move my saves and everything els over from one xbox to another?

#1Bazan499Posted 10/12/2012 3:56:02 AM
(never done this before, hope this is the right place to post it hehe. if not then im sorry)

Well, i got a Xbox Arcade 20gb right now(had it for 3 years), and i am about to buy a xbox slim 250gb.
And i got at least around 20gb just for my main account. and i got alot of games which is only single player games and a few online games. so how do i move my account and saves and the rest over to the new xbox??

Please help me, i will get a new xbox in 2-4 weeks and i would like to know before that. thank you.
---
XBL GT = Bazan499!
A true gamer will play fair, will play by the rules, Won't trash talk and have fun doing so. ;)
#2lokinineteenPosted 10/12/2012 3:58:24 AM
I used a 16gb micro sd card with a usb adapter to transfer from my 20gb to my new 120gb hdd.
#3OverburdenedPosted 10/12/2012 4:18:40 AM
Or there's an official data transfer cable, you plug your old hard drive into it, then the other end fits into the USB slot on your new Xbox.

Cost a fair bit to only have to use it once, so maybe try borrowing one or buy one second hand, I was lucky enough to have someone lend me theirs.
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#4MrZetsubouPosted 10/12/2012 5:12:01 AM
Buy a USB stick, load the saves you need onto it, move them to your Slim.
---
I don't have a girlfriend, but I'm determined to get one this year. Too bad it's not easy as flipping a switch. Girlfriend on, girlfriend off.
#5Bazan499(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 6:57:15 AM
So simlpy need a USB, and move all that i need that i cant download again to the USB from the old xbox and then move it to the new one? :D THANKS GUYS! :D

That was simpler than what i though, but how do i move my user over? do i need to recover it??
---
XBL GT = Bazan499!
A true gamer will play fair, will play by the rules, Won't trash talk and have fun doing so. ;)
#6MrZetsubouPosted 10/12/2012 7:08:30 AM(edited)
that i need that i cant download again

You can transfer your licenses and redownload for free >_>
but yeah, move save files and other stuff you want

That was simpler than what i though, but how do i move my user over? do i need to recover it??

just recover it
---
Just when I thought I had finally found a part of your test to circle,
it ended up being a zero in the score box instead.
#7Bazan499(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 8:08:29 AM
Ok then thanks. Kinda nervous <.< I lost one of my account once and could not recover it so i hope this works for once :/

Btw, do i need to go to every save file and copy it over or how do i to it exactly? im sorry if im asking to much, i just want to be 100% sure on how to do it.
Or does anyone got a good link to a video or something?
---
XBL GT = Bazan499!
#8MrZetsubouPosted 10/12/2012 8:23:24 AM(edited)
I lost one of my account once and could not recover it

forgot your password, I guess

Btw, do i need to go to every save file and copy it over or how do i to it exactly?

Insert your USB stick and configure it on your X360 (forgot how to do it, but it's quite easy. If it doesn't ask you immediately, just go to the memory/storage/whatever settings.)
Pick a save file and copy or move it to your USB. Repeat until all save files you want have been moved (I think you can also copy your account?)
Insert the USB into your new Slim
---
Being a senpai...is a love potion that you can get for free.
#9Bazan499(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 8:47:48 AM
I did not forget the password, because i have used the same for about 9 years xD
---
XBL GT = Bazan499!
#10SS_MetalSonicPosted 10/12/2012 8:53:31 AM
Bazan499 posted...
So simlpy need a USB, and move all that i need that i cant download again to the USB from the old xbox and then move it to the new one? :D THANKS GUYS! :D

you dont need to recover it. put your user on the USB also. its as simple as that.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Arkham City, Dead space 2, SKYRIM