This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disc Drive tray won't stay closed... Suggestions?

#1RobRoy316Posted 10/15/2012 8:31:44 PM
I have an original xbox. Before you say 'just replace it', keep in mind that I also have the starwars kinect bundle xbox at home. I want to see if I can repair this xbox so a friend can have it.

The problem is, I got into a childish fit of rage one day when a brand new game wouldn't read. while this has happened before and really only takes some old school nintendo cleaning or even a can of air, I had enough of it and when the disc came out I slammed the tray back into the xbox. The only thing I can assume is that I may have knocked it out of place ((for instance, the gear may stop at the 25th slot, but now it is completely closed and stops at the 24th gear slot, so the xbox thinks the disc drive is still technically opened... but this is just an idea as I don't actually know what the deal is.)) it opens, I tell it to close, it closes, says 'reading disc' then a second later it opens back up. When shutting down, it tries two or three times to shut itself, but finally ends in the open position just before it shuts off.

any suggestions? Maybe even a youtube how-to video? whatever works... thanks so much!!
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 Xbox Live & PSN GamerTag
#2mrhappyguy12345Posted 10/15/2012 8:33:12 PM
Duct tape.
---
Playing: Little Big Planet Vita
Sleeping Dogs
#3Pure InvasionPosted 10/15/2012 8:34:17 PM
stop hitting the console
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=pureinvasion
#4RobRoy316(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 8:43:21 PM
Pure Invasion posted...
stop hitting the console

Good suggestion.

Rewording the question... any suggestions on HOW TO FIX IT FOR THE MOMENT?? :P lol
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 Xbox Live & PSN GamerTag
#5RobRoy316(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 9:11:30 PM
BUMP:)
---
#6chizzaroidPosted 10/15/2012 9:24:38 PM(edited)
It happens to me occasionally and I just keep pressing the tray button over and over quickly and eventually it just stays shut

And hold the tray shut while you do that
---
GT: Chizzatron