This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console Ban

#1alexoldshanePosted 10/21/2012 7:25:04 AM
I'm curious, what does it actually do? I'm aware that you are no longer able to get onto XBL, but aside from that, I can't find anything that says what you are now limited to doing.

Any searches on forums, or Google, or Xbox site itself, all only seem to pull up the, "HALP My ConSolE is banned! How cna i Fix it!>?!@$<!"

I'm just wondering what you're still able to do, and what you're now no longer able to do.
I don't currently have one that's banned, but the thought crossed my mind and being unable to find an answer is irritating.
---
Life sucks...then you die...
#2WinternovaPosted 10/21/2012 7:31:49 AM
It prevents the console from connecting to Xbox LIVE.

That's it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#3alexoldshane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 4:51:41 AM
So, if I were to have an unbanned Xbox and a console banned xbox, I could still play games with both of them via System Link then? - Think I've got that term right; multiplayer version of most any game between the two consoles by a LAN setup. I've heard that is an issue, but like I said, no confirmed reports.
---
#4liam_000Posted 10/23/2012 4:53:02 AM
Well you could answer your own question there, does a system link require you to be signed into xbox live?
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#5alexoldshane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 4:59:28 AM
By your remark I'm going to guess the answer about System Link is no, lol.

I've just heard that by being console banned, it disables the network port, or something to that extent where you can't do anything over a network at all, so thought I'd confirm it.
---
#6Dragon NexusPosted 10/23/2012 9:11:03 AM
I've just heard that by being console banned, it disables the network port

I think anyone who says that would believe it siply because they cannot fathom using the network port for anything other than connecting to Live.
So yeah, I guess in their own mind the network port might as well be disabled...even though it isn't.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."