This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obama might lose they Election because of Halo 4?

#171LapanuiPosted 11/5/2012 3:47:47 AM
I don't keep up with US politics, I'm from the UK, hell I don't even keep up with politics in this country. I just see it as a bunch of suits BSing everyone to vote for them so they can get more money in there pockets and they usually do that by blaming the previous President or Prime Minister...

I was looking at the unemployment rate for the US. When George Bush JR became President, it was at about 4.2%, he was President until 2009 and it went to 7.8%. Obama became took over, it did go up to 10% within 7 months, it has now gone back down to 7.8%.

Like I said, I don't follow politics, but even though it went up by 2.2% within 7 months, it still managed to drop back down to it's original rate, and could keep dropping.

Now this is coming from someone that doesn't follow the news, hasn't watched the debates, just someone who looked at the unemployment rate and saw how bad it was before Obama was elected.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#172mikewu1Posted 11/5/2012 3:52:15 AM
Lapanui posted...
I don't keep up with US politics, I'm from the UK, hell I don't even keep up with politics in this country. I just see it as a bunch of suits BSing everyone to vote for them so they can get more money in there pockets and they usually do that by blaming the previous President or Prime Minister...

I was looking at the unemployment rate for the US. When George Bush JR became President, it was at about 4.2%, he was President until 2009 and it went to 7.8%. Obama became took over, it did go up to 10% within 7 months, it has now gone back down to 7.8%.

Like I said, I don't follow politics, but even though it went up by 2.2% within 7 months, it still managed to drop back down to it's original rate, and could keep dropping.

Now this is coming from someone that doesn't follow the news, hasn't watched the debates, just someone who looked at the unemployment rate and saw how bad it was before Obama was elected.

This is the problem with the world today. People aren't involved and make uneducated assumptions about the president, politicians etc. A person should be somewhat involved because politics runs the world now and people don't understand that and say all politicians are corrput, blah blah blah.
#173LapanuiPosted 11/5/2012 4:03:19 AM
mikewu1 posted...
Lapanui posted...

This is the problem with the world today. People aren't involved and make uneducated assumptions about the president, politicians etc. A person should be somewhat involved because politics runs the world now and people don't understand that and say all politicians are corrput, blah blah blah.

That wasn't directed at me was it, or just general people who automatically pick someone based on what the news says??
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#174mikewu1Posted 11/5/2012 4:11:35 AM(edited)
Lapanui posted...
mikewu1 posted...
Lapanui posted...

That wasn't directed at me was it, or just general people who automatically pick someone based on what the news says??

Sorry, I didn't mean to direct it at you. I meant it generally to many people not just people who only watch the news. I have heard people talk about politics and sometimes they have no idea how bad they look when they talk about something they don't know.

Also I am not that involved either.
#175GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/5/2012 4:40:27 AM
mikewu1 posted...
Lapanui posted...

I apologize if I am overreacting, but I couldn't help but feel that this was directed at me. I'll have you know that I am educated, and I do understand that the people you are referring to should be informed. It's unfair to just assume that I am making blind assumptions. Again, this topic has been very stressful, and I apologize if this was NOT in fact directed at me.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#176mikewu1Posted 11/5/2012 4:51:06 AM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
mikewu1 posted...
Lapanui posted...

I apologize if I am overreacting, but I couldn't help but feel that this was directed at me. I'll have you know that I am educated, and I do understand that the people you are referring to should be informed. It's unfair to just assume that I am making blind assumptions. Again, this topic has been very stressful, and I apologize if this was NOT in fact directed at me.

I only read this page and sorry if I was indirectly aiming at you but I haven't read anything you posted. I am just sick of all the campaign ads, people posting on facebook (political crap) and now gamefaqs forums about politics. What the hell does CNN, politics have to do with Halo 4? Just because microsoft decided to put up a poll on xbox live doesn't mean they are relevant. (-___-)
#177GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/5/2012 5:04:01 AM
mikewu1 posted...
GorillaOnRoof posted...
mikewu1 posted...
Lapanui posted...

I only read this page and sorry if I was indirectly aiming at you but I haven't read anything you posted. I am just sick of all the campaign ads, people posting on facebook (political crap) and now gamefaqs forums about politics. What the hell does CNN, politics have to do with Halo 4? Just because microsoft decided to put up a poll on xbox live doesn't mean they are relevant. (-___-)

While I do agree with you, the post I made about the benefits of speaking your voice via Facebook & message boards was not posted with intentions of derailing this Halo 4 topic.

Also, to clarify what I meant when I said "Campaign ads are most certainly a valuable tool for politicians to use when running for office", I was not necessarily saying that I agreed with using them, but that it benefited them in the long run.

I apologize if I came across as uneducated, but I am trying to inform people on what it right and wrong, regardless of their stupid opinion.
---
#178GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/5/2012 5:05:41 AM
Also, to clarify what I meant when I said "CNN is good", I wasn't necessarily referring to any segments that they had on Halo 4, but more to the fact that the channel has been around for a long time.
---
#179CadillacmuzikPosted 11/5/2012 5:52:29 AM
Anyone who watches tv programs to develop their opinion about their politicians shouldn't be allowed to vote. But Politics are crap anyways, the two party system is crap, congress is what you guys should be paying attention to but most of you guys are all idiots who couldn't name 2 congressman without google-ing their names.
---
Clique6.com Woot
#180SunDevil77Posted 11/5/2012 5:57:39 AM
Jesus, an Oasis topic getting 180 posts?
---
In my opinion, not enough people have looked their dinner in the eyes and considered the circle of life. This is your dinner. His name is Tom.