This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My friend says he won't vote because he wants to play Halo 4 all day.

#11rofflchopperPosted 11/6/2012 3:20:31 AM
As long as he's not part of the electoral college, don't worry about it.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#12MasterCyraxPosted 11/6/2012 3:24:54 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
There are ballot measures in New York. Those are important, too. You're not just voting for the presidency.

I forgot about those, I may vote today after all. I still don't care who wins president though.
---
Better to believe in nothing then to not believe at all.
#13NevercomingdownPosted 11/6/2012 3:26:04 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Nevercomingdown posted...
voting for Johnson.

Still not convinced that libertarianism is a good way to go on a national scale, but at least Johnson's a real Libertarian and not one of those guys who fled to the party because they were too batcrap crazy for conservatives.

Yeah true. I don't know, I like the thought of decriminalizing drugs and treating it as a health issue instead of criminal, getting out of the wars, actually cutting spending, and the tax plan he's got in mind sounds interesting. Not to mention he did a better job as governor than Romney did and is just more qualified in general.

Just needs 5% for the party to get federal funding in 2016 and we can break this 2 party dominance that is ruining us.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#14FfMaStEr2121Posted 11/6/2012 3:58:32 AM
What a guy.
---
Underdog! Just look at the mess you've made! It's such a shame, a shame, we've gotta find out this way!
#15LandfillAOPosted 11/6/2012 4:27:49 AM
At least there is something to be achieved by playing Halo 4. Unless you're a member of the electoral college I don't see why you'd vote since it doesnt mean ****.
#16vigorm0rtisPosted 11/6/2012 4:33:30 AM
LandfillAO posted...
At least there is something to be achieved by playing Halo 4. Unless you're a member of the electoral college I don't see why you'd vote since it doesnt mean ****.

You're not entirely clear on how that's worked out in a historical sense, are you?
---
Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong. -- Winston Churchill
#17LandfillAOPosted 11/6/2012 4:56:14 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
LandfillAO posted...

You're not entirely clear on how that's worked out in a historical sense, are you?

1824 - John Quincy Adams
1876 - Rutherford Hayes
1988 - Benjamin Harrison
2000 - George Bush

All lost the majority vote in a historical sense.

How many times has somebody lost the electoral vote and won the election? In a historical sense, of course.

Even if the electoral vote is a draw our votes STILL aren't the deciding factor. lol.
#18vigorm0rtisPosted 11/6/2012 5:00:51 AM
LandfillAO posted...

How many times has somebody lost the electoral vote and won the election? In a historical sense, of course.

Even if the electoral vote is a draw our votes STILL aren't the deciding factor. lol.

Nonetheless, the electoral college has never gone contrary to the wishes of any respective state.
---
Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong. -- Winston Churchill
#19schmittycent2Posted 11/6/2012 5:07:24 AM
I don't vote I have had 3 chances to vote for president in my life and have never voted. I don't follow politics there for I would be voting blind. I would prob vote Romney though if I were to vote seeing how bad thing have gotten, not to mention Michelle Obama looks like a man.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#20LandfillAOPosted 11/6/2012 5:13:00 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
LandfillAO posted...

Nonetheless, the electoral college has never gone contrary to the wishes of any respective state.

Hayes won the electoral vote in Colorado with 0 popular votes from the state. Just saying.

Regardless, this isn't a vote for state senator it's for the President of the United States and the country has gone contrary to the wishes of the country. At the end of the day our votes are but an illusion of democracy and the only votes that count are those of the electoral college, or the house of representatives in light of a draw in the electoral. But either way that plays out, you'll notice our votes are not factored into the equation what-so-ever.