This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

warning. halo 4 multiplayer requires 8 gig install.

#1dannyaqPosted 11/6/2012 3:56:00 PM
so i still have an original 20 GB harddrive with 1 8 GB USB drive my my xbox and they are both filled to the brim, the only empty space i have is about a gig and a half on my harddrive that is used for demos which are then deleted. so i borrow halo 4 from my friend who is still on assassins creed 3. i see it says download content or install disk 2 for multiplayer after i inserted disk 1. so i put in 2 and the only option is to install. WTF!!!

now before anybody says "they" announced it, where have you been? I'll tell you where i have been, i have been reading some of the previews on major gaming news sites none of which have ever mentioned anything about a mandatory install nor has the final game review i read mentioned anything. While mandatory installs might be so common on the ps3 or PC that they are not worth mentioning, they are absolutely not the norm on the xbox. I think I can count the number of games with mandatory installs on one hand, and the number of games that offer performance enhancing installs up the count by just a few. this is not something xbox gamers expect and quite frankly is going to put the purchase of the game on hold for me until either i suck it up and get a bigger old xbox harddrive and transfer kit, or wait till black friday for a dirt cheap usb drive. I'm not deleting 8 gigs worth of arcade games.

anybody else completely suprised by this?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#2skiguy1981Posted 11/6/2012 4:02:10 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, have a 20 gig filled to the brim. But I did hear about this a few weeks ago, thank god because i'm not going to buy it now. Not worth buying a new hard drive just to play the game.

It would have been a day one buy if it didn't require to dl it

sucks really.....
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#3BlueJester007Posted 11/6/2012 4:04:28 PM
OH NO!!!

The world is over!

The future refused to change!!!
---
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis
#4glassghost0Posted 11/6/2012 4:06:49 PM
you would have found out
---
Signature OFF
#5Jumpman_8891Posted 11/6/2012 4:12:08 PM
Wait until black friday for a USB drive?

Wow, really? Pbbt.

You can probably get a 16 gb for like $15 at any store nowadays (or online). And in this day and age, spare flash drives should be laying around the house anyway.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#6dreamtheater33Posted 11/6/2012 4:18:03 PM
That's cool I have a 320 gig
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#7thehitman47Posted 11/6/2012 4:18:09 PM
GET A BIGGER HARDDRIVE.

The 60gb is 30 bucks at gamestop, 18 bucks for another 20GB. You should have more space. Or get a cheap 8gb flashdrive, like 15 bucks.

If this is your only reason for not getting Halo 4 thats pathetic.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47
#8builder111Posted 11/6/2012 4:24:43 PM
u only need to install the second disc
#9SunDevil77Posted 11/6/2012 4:26:22 PM
This has been known for months. And months. And a week.
---
In my opinion, not enough people have looked their dinner in the eyes and considered the circle of life. This is your dinner. His name is Tom.
#10Auron772Posted 11/6/2012 4:30:27 PM
I love it myself. Was expecting to have to change out disks halfway through the campaign but got an install disk instead. I wish all 360 games could be like that, where I can install 2+ disks and only have to use 1.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren