This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

warning. halo 4 multiplayer requires 8 gig install.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. warning. halo 4 multiplayer requires 8 gig install.

User Info: dannyaq

dannyaq
4 years ago#1
so i still have an original 20 GB harddrive with 1 8 GB USB drive my my xbox and they are both filled to the brim, the only empty space i have is about a gig and a half on my harddrive that is used for demos which are then deleted. so i borrow halo 4 from my friend who is still on assassins creed 3. i see it says download content or install disk 2 for multiplayer after i inserted disk 1. so i put in 2 and the only option is to install. WTF!!!

now before anybody says "they" announced it, where have you been? I'll tell you where i have been, i have been reading some of the previews on major gaming news sites none of which have ever mentioned anything about a mandatory install nor has the final game review i read mentioned anything. While mandatory installs might be so common on the ps3 or PC that they are not worth mentioning, they are absolutely not the norm on the xbox. I think I can count the number of games with mandatory installs on one hand, and the number of games that offer performance enhancing installs up the count by just a few. this is not something xbox gamers expect and quite frankly is going to put the purchase of the game on hold for me until either i suck it up and get a bigger old xbox harddrive and transfer kit, or wait till black friday for a dirt cheap usb drive. I'm not deleting 8 gigs worth of arcade games.

anybody else completely suprised by this?
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

User Info: skiguy1981

skiguy1981
4 years ago#2
I'm in the same boat as you, have a 20 gig filled to the brim. But I did hear about this a few weeks ago, thank god because i'm not going to buy it now. Not worth buying a new hard drive just to play the game.

It would have been a day one buy if it didn't require to dl it

sucks really.....
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: BlueJester007

BlueJester007
4 years ago#3
OH NO!!!

The world is over!

The future refused to change!!!
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
4 years ago#4
you would have found out
Signature OFF

User Info: Jumpman_8891

Jumpman_8891
4 years ago#5
Wait until black friday for a USB drive?

Wow, really? Pbbt.

You can probably get a 16 gb for like $15 at any store nowadays (or online). And in this day and age, spare flash drives should be laying around the house anyway.
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.

User Info: dreamtheater33

dreamtheater33
4 years ago#6
That's cool I have a 320 gig
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

User Info: thehitman47

thehitman47
4 years ago#7
GET A BIGGER HARDDRIVE.

The 60gb is 30 bucks at gamestop, 18 bucks for another 20GB. You should have more space. Or get a cheap 8gb flashdrive, like 15 bucks.

If this is your only reason for not getting Halo 4 thats pathetic.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - The Assassin 47
PSN - TheHitman47

User Info: builder111

builder111
4 years ago#8
u only need to install the second disc

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#9
This has been known for months. And months. And a week.
In my opinion, not enough people have looked their dinner in the eyes and considered the circle of life. This is your dinner. His name is Tom.

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 years ago#10
I love it myself. Was expecting to have to change out disks halfway through the campaign but got an install disk instead. I wish all 360 games could be like that, where I can install 2+ disks and only have to use 1.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. warning. halo 4 multiplayer requires 8 gig install.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived