This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

warning. halo 4 multiplayer requires 8 gig install.

#61dannyaq(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 5:57:34 AM
jordandrako posted...
32 GB flash drives are $20 on amazon...

Xbox takes a max 16 FBI size.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#62dannyaq(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 6:00:50 AM
knightimex posted...
I was smart and got a 250gig HDD.

No issues for me
Sucks for the ones who went the cheapskate route.

Actually 20 gb was the expensive route. The only other option was no memory at all and 20 gb for a couple years.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#63IvanKozlovPosted 11/7/2012 6:38:46 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
M4T7 posted...
Quite a few people attacking the TC for being right.... sad.

If you've been religiously following the Halo 4 coverage over the past year you'll of course know full well of the requirements for the game... but if you don't, like the TC and myself, then there really hasn't been too much word on the subject. The reviews don't mention anything, heck quite a few of the previews don't either... and the employees at the store you got the game from? Nope they have no clue at all.

There is an HD required message on the game case, but it isn't that little picture I've seen on other games, and it isn't in larger text that can be easily seen... it's in tiny text under everything else, in a place almost no one reads. There's plenty of irrelevant text that can easily be read, but those important nuggets always seem to get left to fine print.

Religiously? It was one of the first few details that came out about the multiplayer. Don't blame Microsoft for your lack of research. This article came out on July 3rd.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/07/03/wait-what-halo-4-multiplayer-will-require-8gb-install/

Me and Ivan got dis!

Hell yeah.

*brofist*
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#64IvanKozlovPosted 11/7/2012 6:39:36 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
I thought 360 fanboys hated mandatory installs. Now they're defending it?

Weird.

I hope your not referring to me as a fanboy because I own all the current consoles. I also install every game I play regularly.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#65SunDevil77Posted 11/7/2012 6:41:16 AM
dannyaq posted...
jordandrako posted...

Not anymore
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#66ARsignal11Posted 11/7/2012 7:09:46 AM
dannyaq posted...

now before anybody says "they" announced it, where have you been? I'll tell you where i have been, i have been reading some of the previews on major gaming news sites none of which have ever mentioned anything about a mandatory install nor has the final game review i read mentioned anything.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If you, as you claimed to have done so, been paying attention to all of the previews and following the game, you would have noticed the *Microsoft press release* saying that Halo 4 will require an 8gb (its actually a 3.2gb install, but that's besides the point) to play the multiplayer and Spartan Ops. And it was pretty much on every page in the Halo 4 forums right before hand too. I find the fact that you missed this information hard to believe if you really had been following the news on the game.

Now, if you really hadn't been following, then I can understand.
#67dannyaq(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:04:18 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
dannyaq posted...

now before anybody says "they" announced it, where have you been? I'll tell you where i have been, i have been reading some of the previews on major gaming news sites none of which have ever mentioned anything about a mandatory install nor has the final game review i read mentioned anything.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If you, as you claimed to have done so, been paying attention to all of the previews and following the game, you would have noticed the *Microsoft press release* saying that Halo 4 will require an 8gb (its actually a 3.2gb install, but that's besides the point) to play the multiplayer and Spartan Ops. And it was pretty much on every page in the Halo 4 forums right before hand too. I find the fact that you missed this information hard to believe if you really had been following the news on the game.

Now, if you really hadn't been following, then I can understand.

I never claimed to read all the previews. I explicitly said some of the previews. look at what you quoted. given that it was announced in july apparantly, i would have thought that i would come across it at some point if news sites bothered to repeat the message, but I don't think they did I think it was just the announcement in july and not much said after that. I don't think most people keep up with gaming news that far out from release.
---
#68FoppePosted 11/7/2012 12:03:03 PM
dannyaq posted...
jordandrako posted...

They changed it to 32GB with the latest update.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#69dannyaq(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 12:04:31 PM
Foppe posted...
dannyaq posted...
jordandrako posted...

They changed it to 32GB with the latest update.

thank you very good to know. i apreciate you not taking it for granted it is common knowlege. also lol at FBI phone auto correct.
---
#70M4T7Posted 11/7/2012 1:25:52 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
M4T7 posted...
Quite a few people attacking the TC for being right.... sad.

If you've been religiously following the Halo 4 coverage over the past year you'll of course know full well of the requirements for the game... but if you don't, like the TC and myself, then there really hasn't been too much word on the subject. The reviews don't mention anything, heck quite a few of the previews don't either... and the employees at the store you got the game from? Nope they have no clue at all.

There is an HD required message on the game case, but it isn't that little picture I've seen on other games, and it isn't in larger text that can be easily seen... it's in tiny text under everything else, in a place almost no one reads. There's plenty of irrelevant text that can easily be read, but those important nuggets always seem to get left to fine print.

Religiously? It was one of the first few details that came out about the multiplayer. Don't blame Microsoft for your lack of research. This article came out on July 3rd.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/07/03/wait-what-halo-4-multiplayer-will-require-8gb-install/

Oh gee kind sir, it turns out you were right! If only I had done an obscure search on google for details I hadn't considered before, then I could of easily found that website that I've never heard of and learned those details beforehand! /sarcasm
---
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
-Murphy's Law