This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

warning. halo 4 multiplayer requires 8 gig install.

#71Jumpman_8891Posted 11/7/2012 2:50:03 PM(edited)
TC is hopeless. Just let him be.

First he complains about not getting any sufficient, advance warning about Halo from news outlets. Which many people claimed otherwise, showing proof. Then he said he wasn't following the game news as closely as others (backtracking).

He complains that he'll need to wait until black friday to get a flash drive for "dirt cheap". He then claimed flash drives couldn't be found at a good price. He was then given links to good, cheap flash drives, which he ignored to comment on.

Then he claims that he has never needed flash drives, despite the fact that he has only a 20 gb HDD.

Then he learned for the first time that 32 gb drives could be used on the 360.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/64525977

^ In this topic a day ago, he learned for the first time that flash drives were perfectly fine for playing games on. TC is misinformed on many things. I understand this topic now.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#72dannyaq(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 3:14:02 PM
Jumpman_8891 posted...
TC is hopeless. Just let him be.

First he complains about not getting any sufficient, advance warning about Halo from news outlets. Which many people claimed otherwise, showing proof. Then he said he wasn't following the game news as closely as others (backtracking).

He complains that he'll need to wait until black friday to get a flash drive for "dirt cheap". He then claimed flash drives couldn't be found at a good price. He was then given links to good, cheap flash drives, which he ignored to comment on.

Then he claims that he has never needed flash drives, despite the fact that he has only a 20 gb HDD.

Then he learned for the first time that 32 gb drives could be used on the 360.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/64525977

^ In this topic a day ago, he learned for the first time that flash drives were perfectly fine for playing games on. TC is misinformed on many things. I understand this topic now.

since you seem to want a response to everything, i'll go down point by point

how is it backtracking saying I wasn't following every news story? I thought it was clear i wanted an obvious warning. not some press release done 4 months in advance. i specificallymentioned the review because i would have expected a review to mention it. I thought i made it clear that by reading some previews and a review (including the box art in the review) I felt I should have come across this information.

how would commenting on the drives advance the discussion? are you interested that now i'm slightly more inclined to purchase the game? I'd give a thank you to the people posting the info if it wasn't done in such a sarcastic manner. what would you expect me to say?

as to the thrid and fourth points. I am misinformed. that is precisely what i am complaining about. how did you miss that? I was complaining how the install info should have been more obvious or widespread and I'm sure the 32gb issue was put out there in a one and done press release as well. could you even find this information out solely through the xbox and not going on xbox.com or some other gaming news site? and the reason i made the topic was also to inform others who are uninformed. see i expected I'd come across topics like this at some point. since I didn't, i decided to start one myself.

Do you not expect uninformed people on a website for FAQs? That's kinda the point of the site.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#73IvanKozlovPosted 11/7/2012 6:44:44 PM
M4T7 posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
M4T7 posted...
Quite a few people attacking the TC for being right.... sad.

If you've been religiously following the Halo 4 coverage over the past year you'll of course know full well of the requirements for the game... but if you don't, like the TC and myself, then there really hasn't been too much word on the subject. The reviews don't mention anything, heck quite a few of the previews don't either... and the employees at the store you got the game from? Nope they have no clue at all.

There is an HD required message on the game case, but it isn't that little picture I've seen on other games, and it isn't in larger text that can be easily seen... it's in tiny text under everything else, in a place almost no one reads. There's plenty of irrelevant text that can easily be read, but those important nuggets always seem to get left to fine print.

Religiously? It was one of the first few details that came out about the multiplayer. Don't blame Microsoft for your lack of research. This article came out on July 3rd.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/07/03/wait-what-halo-4-multiplayer-will-require-8gb-install/

Oh gee kind sir, it turns out you were right! If only I had done an obscure search on google for details I hadn't considered before, then I could of easily found that website that I've never heard of and learned those details beforehand! /sarcasm

I literally googled "Halo 4 multiplayer details" and then I told it to search for websites from august to act as if it was someone looking for info in August. Then I found that link that was actually from July. Even better.

Finally, if you even bothered to look at the link, you would see that the source was Gamespot AKA the people that this website merged with a long time ago.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-requires-8gb-install-for-multiplayer-6385431
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#74crazymerioPosted 11/7/2012 6:46:07 PM
My 120gig is almost completely full. This is gonna be close.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1519-7421
#75Yankeehazard191Posted 11/7/2012 8:06:33 PM
Jumpman_8891 posted...
Wait until black friday for a USB drive?

Wow, really? Pbbt.

You can probably get a 16 gb for like $15 at any store nowadays (or online). And in this day and age, spare flash drives should be laying around the house anyway.

less than that i picked up a 32 gb drive for $5
#76Deathx113Posted 11/7/2012 8:10:44 PM
Yankeehazard191 posted...
Jumpman_8891 posted...
Wait until black friday for a USB drive?

Wow, really? Pbbt.

You can probably get a 16 gb for like $15 at any store nowadays (or online). And in this day and age, spare flash drives should be laying around the house anyway.

less than that i picked up a 32 gb drive for $5

Where??? o_O

My walmart sells 16 gigs for 20$ >_>
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#77Perfect LightPosted 11/7/2012 8:20:35 PM
Why NOT delete 8 gigs worth of Arcade games? You can always redownload them later. I don't keep Arcade games I'm not playing on my 360. If they were to ever remove the games I own I would download them quickly, but I would assume if that ever happened we'd get plenty of notice.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#78bubbas111Posted 11/7/2012 8:43:56 PM
knightimex posted...
I was smart and got a 250gig HDD.

No issues for me.

Sucks for the ones who went the cheapskate route.

When I bought my 360 the 250gig HDD version didn't exist.
---
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619