This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition?

#11That1GuyyPosted 11/10/2012 10:59:53 PM
According to the connector diagram, USB.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#12oasisbeyondPosted 11/10/2012 11:23:40 PM
usb
#13mhunterchumpPosted 11/11/2012 8:15:57 AM
crynryan posted...
drewpot2001 posted...
Ok, so this brings to mind an idea.
The software that comes with it can be as crappy as it wants, all I want this for is the footage. For editing, my desktop computer is very powerful and has Adobe After FX and Sony Vegas, so I'm good there.

BUT, I do have a laptop, but it's only got about 3gigs of ram and isn't the greatest. Do you think I could just use the laptop with the box to capture the footage, then easily do the editing on my PC? Or does the computer hooked up to the box have to be quite powerful also? What's the purpose of it being hooked to the box to record? Does the PVR box do all of the work and then just output the files to the computer attached?

If so, then the computer receiving the saved files could be crappy as hell as long as it still functioned.

This one is not as good but you don't need a PC at all and you can record component HD to a usb thumb drive:

http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-C281-Game-Capture-Record/dp/B005YR0M0W/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

The reviews range from lots of 4-5 stars to 1 stars. A lot of the 1 star reviews are from people complaining it didn't come with a hard drive. I have been seriously considering it since I don't need my footage super perfect but love recording.

It's a lot cheaper and no PC needed. Thought it might be a decent suggestion for you.

This here is a video I made of me getting Seriously 3 using this thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TH70bZ6_-Q&list=UUaF2Se7t1E9J5_v-JoldYpA&index=1&feature=plcp

The only downside is it has to be component, but other than that everything is great about it. Keep in mind though the hard drive has to be a 2.5" one, which are what laptops use.

Thanks for posting this, video looks decent enough for me. The price and the ease of it has sold me on it.
---
PSN/Xbox:mhunterchump
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#14crynryanPosted 11/11/2012 9:10:11 AM
crynryan posted...
drewpot2001 posted...
Ok, so this brings to mind an idea.
The software that comes with it can be as crappy as it wants, all I want this for is the footage. For editing, my desktop computer is very powerful and has Adobe After FX and Sony Vegas, so I'm good there.

BUT, I do have a laptop, but it's only got about 3gigs of ram and isn't the greatest. Do you think I could just use the laptop with the box to capture the footage, then easily do the editing on my PC? Or does the computer hooked up to the box have to be quite powerful also? What's the purpose of it being hooked to the box to record? Does the PVR box do all of the work and then just output the files to the computer attached?

If so, then the computer receiving the saved files could be crappy as hell as long as it still functioned.

This one is not as good but you don't need a PC at all and you can record component HD to a usb thumb drive:

http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-C281-Game-Capture-Record/dp/B005YR0M0W/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

The reviews range from lots of 4-5 stars to 1 stars. A lot of the 1 star reviews are from people complaining it didn't come with a hard drive. I have been seriously considering it since I don't need my footage super perfect but love recording.

It's a lot cheaper and no PC needed. Thought it might be a decent suggestion for you.

This here is a video I made of me getting Seriously 3 using this thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TH70bZ6_-Q&list=UUaF2Se7t1E9J5_v-JoldYpA&index=1&feature=plcp

The only downside is it has to be component, but other than that everything is great about it. Keep in mind though the hard drive has to be a 2.5" one, which are what laptops use.

Thanks for posting this, video looks decent enough for me. The price and the ease of it has sold me on it.

Remember to watch it at 720p, as that's what was used to record it, because it looks much better.
---
Got any ideas to make a game with? Hit me up with them if you do.
#15That1GuyyPosted 11/11/2012 2:10:27 PM
Does anyone know if you can use an external drive instead of a computer?
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.