This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Which library would you rather have for download: Dreamcast or Gamecube?

#21BahamutBBobPosted 11/7/2012 7:43:51 AM
My favorite games on GameCube were mostly Dreamcast ports, so...
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#22Ryan2002Posted 11/7/2012 7:46:51 AM
GC for me. I'd love me some REmake, Viewtiful Joe, Smash Bros Melee, and Metroid Prime, not to mention the Zelda games(at least WW, OoT, MM, LoZ and AoL. I think those were the ones on that collector's disc anyways :p)
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#23BlueJester007Posted 11/7/2012 7:48:38 AM
Gamecube. The Dreamcast had some damn good games on it, but I definitely spent more hours on my Gamecube than anything else.
---
Sig'd --vigorm0rtis
#24cup_a_soupPosted 11/7/2012 8:30:21 AM
Dreamcast. I would love a port of Bangai-O (the sequel on XBLA is NOT what I'm after), Space Channel 5, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue/2, Tomb Raider 4, Densha De Go 2, Phantasy Star Online, Soul Reaver, South Park Rally...

A lot of the other Dreamcast best titles are already ported to XBLA too.
#25TheBlueStigPosted 11/7/2012 8:49:55 AM
Dreamcast, as long as they included Japanese games.

And Nintendo would never allow their games to appear on a competitor's service.
#26shooterfan22(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:25:35 AM
HeLeeham posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
did you read my points, just once?

many of the DC GAMES ARE ON THE GC.

No one disputes the GC didn't have great games, both systems did, 2 years of great games versus 6 years of great games -- are you really so dense? Did you read this all clearly this time?

Metroid Prime? Mario Kart Double Dash? RE Remake? Luigis Mansion? NO matter how much a person loves the DC there is no way they can actually believe it had better games that are wholly exclusive to the DC than the GC had.

Skies, SA 1 and 2, Crazy Taxi, Ikaruga.. are on the GC.

Yeah I did. Are you actually such a troll that you think its impossible for anyone to prefer the DC library or that someone might want to experience those games for the first time.

Shenmue 1&2, Jet Set Radio, Grandia, Headhunter, Power stone 1&2, Legacy of Kain.

For once stop trying to pass off your opinion like its fact.

Ahhh, now this is reminiscent of the ol' sega vs nintendo arguments that use to break out. I love it.

You both make valid points. That the Gamecube has an incredible line-up of exclusives plus a lot of the Dreamcast ones BUT the Dreamcast still has a lot of great exclusives left that somebody may prefer regardless.

Not necessarily you HeLeeham, but I have noticed that a lot of Dreamcast fans are incredibly stubborn in admitting that a lot of Dreamcast games being available on other systems lowers it's value.
#27Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 11/7/2012 10:56:24 AM
gamecube just for Skies of Arcadia Legends (from the top o my head, I know there are some more gems on it)
---
I set little value on my own opinion, but I set just as little on those of others. - Montaigne
#28link0316Posted 11/7/2012 11:42:42 AM
I want to play Luigis Mansion!
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#29EternalWolfPosted 11/7/2012 11:56:27 AM
Dreamcast because of this...

http://dolphin-emulator.com/

HD Resolutions, 3D, Wii/GCN/Triforce/WiiWare/VC Support, Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering, Full Controller Support, Online Play, Custom Hi-Res Textures, Patches and much more.

Dolphin is Open Source and heavily supported by the community. Eventually compatibility will be to high to justify buying the supported consoles and in time most PC users will meet the hardware requirements if they dont already. Support for this emulator likely wont stall until 99% of the games are supported and more features will come in time as well(it's already well beyond the Wii in this regard). The user interface is also very nice and the emulator is very easy to set up as well. Why would anyone want to play games supported by Dolphin over inferior ports?

I also wouldn't be surprised to see this emulator eventually support and become a true Virtual Console instead of just supporting the games on consoles already available on Nintendo's VC. Currently Nintendo's Virtual Console supports Commodore 64, NES/Famicom, Sega Master System, TurboGraphx-16/CD/PC Engine/CD-ROM, MSX, Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES/Super Famicom, Neo Geo, Nintendo 64 and Arcade with selected games. The Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console supports Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Game Gear as well. All these consoles with the exception of the N64 already have AAA quality emulators available so they would all be pretty easy to integrate into Dolphin outside of Arcade, which would require emulating tons of different chipsets(think of it as emulator hundreds of consoles instead of just one).

Even though it's not on the agenda to integrate those consoles nor is it really even necessary to do since they already have good emulators available, it is likely that at some point in time support for at least all consoles on the Virtual Console is added. The reason why is because Dolphin is Open Source and not only would it not be hard to add this support, but it would make sense if they want a 100% accurate Wii Emulator+ and it would be easily justified to do this. This is something anyone can add to the project if they know how to do it and it would make Dolphin pretty much the ultimate emulator outside of a few consoles.

I am pretty sure everyone would agree that supporting XBox games is more important than supporting GCN or Dreamcast games though. This should have been implemented upon release, especially since Microsoft doesnt allow retail stores to sell the games anymore, but it wasnt. Its almost as if they wanted to kill the entire library with the release of the 360 and the consoles is very hard to emulate as well. Its bulls*** really and there is no excuse for it.
---
As We Go...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m82zjm.jpg
#30SneaktipPosted 11/7/2012 12:00:21 PM
I can't choose!! Ok put the gun down, I'll pick gamecube.
---
Get rid of the NFL's exclusive license