This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined"

#1RubMyDuckyPosted 11/8/2012 1:28:21 PM
A quote from the recent game informer article.

JESUS!
#2pothocketPosted 11/8/2012 1:31:16 PM
Doesn't mean there's anything to do with it. We've already seen from RDR and LA noir that R* is ok with having empty worlds.

It just means it's going to take that much longer from accepting a mission to getting to where the mission actually takes place.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3RahzarXPosted 11/8/2012 1:34:43 PM
pothocket posted...
Doesn't mean there's anything to do with it. We've already seen from RDR and LA noir that R* is ok with having empty worlds.

It just means it's going to take that much longer from accepting a mission to getting to where the mission actually takes place.

Nah, dynamic missions.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#4pothocketPosted 11/8/2012 1:37:14 PM
RahzarX posted...
pothocket posted...

Nah, dynamic missions.

Ok, haven't heard about that and if it's true that would be totally amazing. Although Skyrim advertised that too and they never really delivered on it. Well, at least I got hope for this game now.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5DxZ99Posted 11/8/2012 1:37:18 PM
Maybe Free mode can be lifted to 32 players? 16 might not be enough...
If Free mode is even going to be in the game that is.
#6PokenubPosted 11/8/2012 1:40:42 PM
Just Cause 2. It had a massive world but was boring as heck.

Size =/= Quality
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
#7KillaBeAtPosted 11/8/2012 1:48:33 PM
That sounds almost too large. This is making me think of the original Just Cause. That map had about 40 separate islands on it and was totally massive, but they were all empty and more or less totally devoid of things to do. RDR was pretty, but I don't think anything would have been lost had the map been 2/3rds of its normal size. If you are going to make a map that huge, it needs to be incredibly varied, and have plenty of "off the beaten path" stuff to do, and urban landscapes (or desert landscapes for that matter) don't lend themselves well to that.

Damn RDR was an awesome game though.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#8RubMyDucky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 1:56:38 PM
If developer can make a game world that big and still make it entertaining, it's rockstar
#9RedFive3Posted 11/8/2012 1:57:36 PM
pothocket posted...

Read the article, no it wont.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#10SunDevil77Posted 11/8/2012 1:59:52 PM
Could be very good, could be very bad.
I loved the size of GTA IV. Maybe a bit bigger.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.